CITY V FC Barcelona, Wednesday 9th Oct 2024, 8PM. Home leg. UWCL

Incidentally, for anyone who's interested, all the commentators keep mispronouncing our keeper's name. The accented syllable is not the third, but the second. The third is barely pronounced, giving you something more like Yamash'ta.
I think the reason why we do that in Europe is that Japanese looks a bit like Spanish (it's nothing like Spanish in reality), and so people unconsciously apply the rule of Spanish (where you emphasise the penultimate syllable). So there you are.

Great to see the lasses doing well. Even if we don't hold out, we've given a better account of ourselves than many expected. This City team is a serious team this year.

Incidentally, for anyone who's interested, all the commentators keep mispronouncing our keeper's name. The accented syllable is not the third, but the second. The third is barely pronounced, giving you something more like Yamash'ta.
I think the reason why we do that in Europe is that Japanese looks a bit like Spanish (it's nothing like Spanish in reality), and so people unconsciously apply the rule of Spanish (where you emphasise the penultimate syllable). So there you are.

Great to see the lasses doing well. Even if we don't hold out, we've given a better account of ourselves than many expected. This City team is a serious team this year.

I thought most see it and say, rather than anything else. Like a lot of people say the second 'G' in Gundogan (looking at you Shaun Wright-Phillips) because they don't really hear the man say it himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.