City V Fulham post match thread

Nelly's Left Foot said:
lostmyhouseski said:
great response following what happened at stamford bridge earlier. Even better that we did it without so much as breaking a sweat. Bring on the scum!

We need to up our game by 50% to win on Tuesday.

And I'm sue we will. We had a nice rest today, ready for Tuesday ;-)

-- Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:57 pm --

Prestwich_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Because Navas, Nasri, Silva, Garcia, Toure and Fernandinho are all better in their respective positions than Milner is in those positions. Milner is a useful squad member and would play more if we regularly fielded five midfielders but he is a jack-of-all trades and master of none type player at City.

I thought Milner was the biggest problem in the first half. Everything was coming down the right and he was seeing loads of the ball, but kept checking inside and playing safe options. He doesn't open enough doors to be the main creative outlet, and it stymied our flow yesterday. He didn't have a bad game, and as you say, he's a super squad player, but in games where we need to be on the front foot and breaking teams down, he's a lot less useful than games where we need to stop the opposition scoring.
The thing that lets Milner down is his end-product. It's far too rare that there's a killer cross or pass. Shame that as he could be a great player with that.

Aye first half he crossed/whacked the ball across the edge of the 6yd box, and the commentator said players should be getting in on them.
Correct, but everybody were just getting into the penalty area. So NO, Jimmy FFS look up.

Sorry meant to add that he had a decent game.

We'reNotReallyHere said:
Solid win yesterday.

Milner MOTM for me.

Won in 2nd gear really.
I thought we struggled to turn possession into chances in the 1st half and the one up top didn't work at first

Once we got the 2nd, and they went down to 10 it was over

Some very good individual performances: Demichelis, Silva, Milner, Negredo, Fernandinho but Yaya was MoM for that goal plus his passing. He was like a quarter-back orchestrating our passing

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
RandomJ said:
Why the fuck does Milner not play more for us?! He was great today.

Because Navas, Nasri, Silva, Garcia, Toure and Fernandinho are all better in their respective positions than Milner is in those positions. Milner is a useful squad member and would play more if we regularly fielded five midfielders but he is a jack-of-all trades and master of none type player at City.

I thought Milner was the biggest problem in the first half. Everything was coming down the right and he was seeing loads of the ball, but kept checking inside and playing safe options. He doesn't open enough doors to be the main creative outlet, and it stymied our flow yesterday. He didn't have a bad game, and as you say, he's a super squad player, but in games where we need to be on the front foot and breaking teams down, he's a lot less useful than games where we need to stop the opposition scoring.

He looked good on the highlights last night but during the game he had several moments where we were bemoaning him losing the ball too easily. One of Fulham's very rare threatening moments came from one such instance.<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:08 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
We'reNotReallyHere said:
Solid win yesterday.

Milner MOTM for me.

Won in 2nd gear really.
I thought we struggled to turn possession into chances in the 1st half and the one up top didn't work at first

Some very good individual performances: Demichelis, Silva, Milner, Negredo, Fernandinho but Yaya was MoM for that goal plus his passing. He was like a quarter-back orchestrating our passing

QB is a good description of Yaya yesterday (and other days). MVP for sure.

Pics and comments on the Fulham game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citmar14b.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citmar14b.htm</a>

Marvin said:
We'reNotReallyHere said:
Solid win yesterday.

Milner MOTM for me.

Won in 2nd gear really.

We still had one cleared off the line and a shot off the bar.

NoahCity said:
Marvin said:
We'reNotReallyHere said:
Solid win yesterday.

Milner MOTM for me.

Won in 2nd gear really.

I remember two being cleared off the line

The scoreline flatters Fulham, because we could have scored many more. Silva's chip, and Kolarov against the bar in the first half. MDM had a header cleared off the line, Milner had one roll past the post, as well as one that was a great save from the keeper, Negredo's miss in injury time. That is just the ones that come to mind.
We seem to have re-discovered our swagger In the last couple of games, our injury situation is easing, and we have competition for places all over the park (except right back).
I thought Negredo did everything but score, and started to show us the form is returning.

Champions2012! said:
NoahCity said:
Marvin said:

I remember two being cleared off the line
I was just pointing out that we did infact create chances prior to the sending off.

Happy to get this out of the way, and with an impressive scoreline. Fulham didn't put up much of a fight. Started a bit sluggish and low on pace, without giving anything away other than one shot from them just wide. A rather soft penalty helped, because only after that it went from better to great. We do need to step up form the start to get something out of the derby though.
Defensively we looked ok. Demichelis is far better placed on the right in the centre rather than left to Kompany. Pity Negredo couldn't score. Missed a sitter really, but I trust this match has gained to his confidence.

Never expected to see both Rodwell and Jovetic playing in the 1st team this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.