City v Girona | Sat 17th Dec, 13:00

I was going to take my lads but the prospect of reezing rain, snow and a northerly wind is making me think again. I have never quite got over that FA Cup 3rd round loss at Boundary Park where I think I actually came close to my fingers and toes going black.
Forecast is 3 degrees, that stadium is bloody freezing at the best of times.

I’ve bought a seat for this game and having never been to the stadium before, didn’t know the layout. I chose a seat in the West Stand and then later realised that the East Stand seems to be the Main Stand. I presumed that I’d f*cked up, but have noticed that my section was the first to sell out. Does anybody know why this would happen? Does the West Stand get more of the minimal winter sun or something?

I’ve bought a seat for this game and having never been to the stadium before, didn’t know the layout. I chose a seat in the West Stand and then later realised that the East Stand seems to be the Main Stand. I presumed that I’d f*cked up, but have noticed that my section was the first to sell out. Does anybody know why this would happen? Does the West Stand get more of the minimal winter sun or something?
Here's a little known fact: The "Main Stand", where the directors box and wealthiest fans go, at most old football grounds was always put on the west. It was the case at Maine Road and is the case at The Etihad. There are two reasons for this: The prevailing wind in the UK comes from the west so would be at your back and you'd be sheltered. Also, the sun in the UK is always in the western sky so you'd always be sheltered from that too.

I was going to take my lads but the prospect of reezing rain, snow and a northerly wind is making me think again. I have never quite got over that FA Cup 3rd round loss at Boundary Park where I think I actually came close to my fingers and toes going black.
Red bull Salzburg about 11 years ago was ridiculously cold. Me and my dad drank Bovril all game.

Took me about 3 hours to warm up at home afterwards.

I'm sure that was the famous "Allan" game

West stand is where the tunnel and benches are.

East stand is where the corporate are.

For women's matches the East stand is the "main" stand if you like, where most people sit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.