City v Newcastle, Carling Cup - Post Match Thread

Kevindxb said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
city 'til i cry said:
As we now seem to want to identify transfer targets early I suggest we start looking for a left back immediately.

Koralov is awful, in truth apart from a bit of credit from performances last year he has not been up to it from the beggining. If his crossing is off form he is a waste of a shirt. Even the free kicks have dried up now.

On the night of such shit team performance it is possibly unfair to single out an individual but he's been here long enough now and has bugged me for ages.

The worst part is centre backs on his side are paying the price for it. It's no coincidence everyone that plays next to him or Clichy go to shit. The back four is like dominos, when one goes, so does the rest.

Nonsense! He had a terrible game today and dip in performance which in par with the team, otherwise, he's a good left back. Pelle just keep on changing the back four. We were better when we had less options, at least the back line gelled well.

He's not a good left back though, he's alright getting forward, but defensively he's awful. At this rate i would take one footed Wayne Bridge back. The guy is a passenger.

Bad day at the office. Plenty of effort but little quality!

Sagna and Navas playing in same 10 sy yards. Same on the left with jimmy and alex. Mangala looking like an accident waiting to happen
Jov dropping to mid field but forgot and kept playing on top. Was like watching a badpub team.
LIKE Harry Bassett "we're playing 4 4 effing 2" Thought we were going to playing 3 at the back but no. 4.4.2!!
Same in europe. Really do worryabout Pel being tactically inept or is it simply blind faith in his approach

the scale of arrogance by the players and management is unprecedented. this was a cup game, but for some reason, no one on the pitch or in the dugout actually realised that until the last 10 minutes. from the off, the body language of almost every player was borderline suicidal depression and there was not one single attempt to fix any aspect of what - for this game -was clearly broken.

and why oh why did we not bring on some of the youth we have around. all the fancy training academies in the world cannot ever replace a stint on the pitch. even pardue recognised that with a couple of 17 & 18 year olds thrown in for good measure.

arrogant, complacent and disrespectful team and management. ffs, we are starting to resemble wenger !

Last 5 matches:
3 defeats (against mid table teams)
1 draw after being 2 up
1 decent win

That's not right with the talent we have.

Just got back and can't be arsed reading the entire thread.
Even the happiest, clappiest, "ooh what about York" retarded fuckwit wouldn't have found anything positive to say about that game. Pellegrini this, Pellegrini that, Pellegrini the fucking other with his 4-4-2 but it wasn't Pellegrini who spent 100 minutes passing to the opposition, fluffing tackles and generally trying to go through gaps that weren't there.
Penis Taxi: - didn't have much to do but doesn't inspire confidence.
Sagna: - Has done bugger all since he arrived.
Kolarov: - Hits it in and where does it go? Hits first defender, out for a throw in, out for a goal kick, in front of the strikers, behind the strikers? You don't know, I don't know, he doesn't know and his teamates certainly don't bloody know.
Demi: - Useless without Vince.
Mangle: - Useless without Vince. I can see a problem here.
Yaya: - New batteries please.
Nasri: - Below average rather than shite.
Milner: - The only one looking interested.
Dino: - Chocolate tea-pot.
Jovetic: - Ineffective.
Dzeko: - No service and poor when he got the ball.
Navas: - Zero impact against a tired defence. Well they should have been tired by that point.
Sergio: - Sometimes he can't do it all on his own.

Newcastle were a very poor team. But they were a lot better than us on the night.

Played like mercenaries

I can't even say Newcastle played a great game which makes it even worse

The season opened with an appalling performance in the Community Shield, and it picked up thereafter. Going rapidly downhill now

I'd like to think this is just a dip in form that every team has, and we just have to get over it asap.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Kevindxb said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
The worst part is centre backs on his side are paying the price for it. It's no coincidence everyone that plays next to him or Clichy go to shit. The back four is like dominos, when one goes, so does the rest.

Nonsense! He had a terrible game today and dip in performance which in par with the team, otherwise, he's a good left back. Pelle just keep on changing the back four. We were better when we had less options, at least the back line gelled well.

He's not a good left back though, he's alright getting forward, but defensively he's awful. At this rate i would take one footed Wayne Bridge back. The guy is a passenger.

Wayne Bridge over Kolarov? Did i hear that right? One bad performance doesn't make a bad player. Name a quality LB in the BPL. Chelsea play a RB at LB, Utd have a overpriced teenager, Liverpool have poor LBs in Moreno and Enrique, so I don't think Kolarov is any worse than those. Clichy ain't a bad alternative either!

bluesimon said:
the scale of arrogance by the players and management is unprecedented. this was a cup game, but for some reason, no one on the pitch or in the dugout actually realised that until the last 10 minutes. from the off, the body language of almost every player was borderline suicidal depression and there was not one single attempt to fix any aspect of what - for this game -was clearly broken.

and why oh why did we not bring on some of the youth we have around. all the fancy training academies in the world cannot ever replace a stint on the pitch. even pardue recognised that with a couple of 17 & 18 year olds thrown in for good measure.

arrogant, complacent and disrespectful team and management. ffs, we are starting to resemble wenger !

A recent new trend, we sleep during the match and wake up the last 10-15 minutes, including the manager. No sense of urgency, just shocking!
Pelle subs came a tad early this time, though.

Kevindxb said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
city 'til i cry said:
As we now seem to want to identify transfer targets early I suggest we start looking for a left back immediately.

Koralov is awful, in truth apart from a bit of credit from performances last year he has not been up to it from the beggining. If his crossing is off form he is a waste of a shirt. Even the free kicks have dried up now.

On the night of such shit team performance it is possibly unfair to single out an individual but he's been here long enough now and has bugged me for ages.

He has played as bad as tonight as he has on a number of occasions but has been carried by the team result and is off the radar.

Watch next time he loses the ball up field and jogs back, you'll understand what I mean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.