City v Palace post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great results, but I'm still very concern about our ability to defend against better teams...
Mendy is good going forward but seems prone to little misjudgments at the back...his challenge today was unnecessary and it got him injured.
Waiting to see how well he plays against better wingers.. then I can breathe a sigh of relief..

Terrific Win!!!!

To the Palace fans

"He's scored more than you, Fabian Delph, he's scored more than you."

Didn't even get out of second gear for more than 5 minutes. The timing of that first goal was crucial, had to get one before halftime otherwise it could have been a frustrating day. It's odd because as brilliant as Sane was in the end, he was fairly wasteful before his goal. It's good to see how confident everyone is right now, Sane and particular sterling are ver much confidence players, when they're confident and chomping at the bit they're fearsome. Great management from Pep to get them so eager. Pep seems to love denying players the chance of a hat-trick at the minute though by taking them off as soon as they score their second, Sterling today, Sane midweek, Jesus against Liverpool. That must be highly frustrating for the players. Let them get their hat-trick Pep!

The only downside being the Mendy injury, hopefully it's just an impact injury and not ligaments as that is a serious blow if he's out long term. He's our most important player right now given the lack of alternatives in the squad. Danilo looks lost there and Delph seems very capable against weak sides but i wouldn't want him there against sides that will actually get some attacking possession. Said before the game it was a strange decision to play him and Walker given our upcoming schedule this week, could end up being a very costly decision.

Oh and one other minor thing, Sane needs to learn to watch his mouth. Regardless of whatever wrong doing he may feel it's going to cost us later down the line. 2 cards in as many games for complaining to the ref, sort it out Leroy.

Great results, but I'm still very concern about our ability to defend against better teams...
Mendy is good going forward but seems prone to little misjudgments at the back...his challenge today was unnecessary and it got him injured.
Waiting to see how well he plays against better wingers.. then I can breathe a sigh of relief..

Terrific Win!!!!

How did he do against ours in the champs league last year ?

Very strange performance today. Didn't think it was a great team performance like Watford but there were some moments of stunning individual quality. Thought KDB had an off day by his standards but Silva was excellent. It was a bit worrying in the first half when they seemed able to waltz through our midfield at will but we got away with it.

They're a better side than their results would suggest but they've got a few nasty games coming up. Let's hope they can pick up their first points next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.