City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien10 said:
The absent of RVP is a great shame. It means Mata will play in his most influential role. I believe that partnership or lack of partnership between Rooney and RVP has played a big part in Manchester United's poor season.

Not the first time this week that ive heard the myth that Mata will step up now hes in his 'preferred position'.

Class players find the right space regardless of where their asked to play, Silva does it and so does Nasri.

And that lack of partnership between RVP and Rooney was the same partnership that won them the league last season.

Any team without RVP is a good thing for us, cant believe people are peddling it as some kind of lift for United, he's their main goal threat.

aguero93:20 said:
kenzie115 said:
Damien10 said:
The absent of RVP is a great shame. It means Mata will play in his most influential role. I believe that partnership or lack of partnership between Rooney and RVP has played a big part in Manchester United's poor season.

If United try and play through the middle through Mata it plays to our strengths with Fernandinho. Fernandinho becomes much less effective when teams either play lots of long balls over his head, or get it out wide early and into the box from deep. I wouldn't be too worried about that.
Going by the Hull game we seem to have figured this approach out as well thankfully, used to give me the shivers whenever I saw a team winding up to do it.

I think Hull was a bit of an anomaly, because we were down to 10 and took the lead soon after, we sat much deeper than normal and were fairly comfortable winning the aerial battles. Only Jelavic really offered any kind of aerial threat for Hull though.

That said, Newcastle bombarded us with crosses from deep for half an hour at St James' earlier in the season and Kompany and Demichelis coped really well so it might not be too much of a concern. It just makes Dinho less effective defensively.

kenzie115 said:
aguero93:20 said:
kenzie115 said:
If United try and play through the middle through Mata it plays to our strengths with Fernandinho. Fernandinho becomes much less effective when teams either play lots of long balls over his head, or get it out wide early and into the box from deep. I wouldn't be too worried about that.
Going by the Hull game we seem to have figured this approach out as well thankfully, used to give me the shivers whenever I saw a team winding up to do it.

I think Hull was a bit of an anomaly, because we were down to 10 and took the lead soon after, we sat much deeper than normal and were fairly comfortable winning the aerial battles. Only Jelavic really offered any kind of aerial threat for Hull though.

That said, Newcastle bombarded us with crosses from deep for half an hour at St James' earlier in the season and Kompany and Demichelis coped really well so it might not be too much of a concern. It just makes Dinho less effective defensively.
Still hoping wee Gollum will play 3 cms and Mata as a winger, if all their attacking comes down the flank it allows dinho to squeeze up ala Spurs (h) and do some serious damage

..............Hart.............

Zabs Vinnie MDM Kolarov

........Garcia......Dinho........

Milner......Yaya........Nasri

..............Silva.............

Play Silva in that role hes played for spain a few times, imagine the movement of that front 4!!

Just do our stuff, keep the ball and stretch them, we have the best midfield in the league for doing this. Stop Mata and Rooney simply by keeping the ball and chances will come against their defence. If Yaya and Ferna win the battle, we win the game. Come on Blues!

Blue Coop said:
I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. Every shit team has one big result and they haven't had theirs yet this season.

Same here, always nervous about derbies though, and they are a bit like a wounded animal at the moment. Still going for a narrow win though, can never bring myself to foresee a bad result for us. Still shitting it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.