City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
robbie1973 said:
Good evening people. I hope that this is in the correct thread, if not, could the admin or mods do the necessary please.

Hello, I am an admin on the Manchester United forum "United Reds", many of us moving over from Red Cafe. First of all this is not intended to be any attempt at flaming each others clubs, merely an attempt to gauge the feelings heading into Tueday nights game. This season we are doing a feature called 'Ask The Opposition', where we go on forums of opposition teams prior to the match and ask questions before posting the responses in a thread on there.

If any of you could answer any of these questions (answer as many/or as few as you want), it would be much appreciated. Our site address is <a class="postlink" href="http://www.unitedreds.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.unitedreds.net/</a> We will also, if you allow us to, also publish the answers to the questions as a blog and will link you guys to it. Again, if that is ok with you.

Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

Detest everything about your club, from the owner to the club cat(which probably has fleas) Moyes is an idiot, may his reign at the swamp be long and fruitless

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?

I think those early season fuck ups will prove too costly. We're still in with a good shout though.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

David Silva

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?

Rooney for reasons too numerous to mention. He's the most repulsive **** in football

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

If Roberto Di Matteo can win it, there's absolutely no reason why Pellegrini can't

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?

Biggest game of the season

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

The sick swan. It hurt the GPC so much he's even tried to re-write the game in his autobiography

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?

Yes, but I'm more than happy with the Etihad

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?

Tuesday and we'll win 1-3

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

Now if you wouldn't mind answering a question too. Is this you ?

[bigimg]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/10/23/1319381519355/Manchester-United-V-Manch-002.jpg[/bigimg]

--------------------Hart--------------------
Zabaleta----Kompany----Demichelis----Clichy
------------Milner-------Fernandinho--------
Nasri-----------------------------------Silva
---------------------Yaya-------------------
---------------------Dzeko------------------

Hopefully today was dress rehersal for the personnel involved. There are many permutations with this XI. Yaya playing in support of the striker, or dropping him back into the middle. Milner could drop deep, or play out wide. This (and Liverpool) is not a game for Garcia, we need Milner`s pace and engine. Like wise Clichy must play to combat the inevitable wing play from the vermin.

0-3 City (Yaya, Dzeko, Navas)

Champions2012! said:
We should go easy on them though, wouldn't want to see moyes replaced by an actual competent manager.
Not me. I want us to destroy them and end Gollum' career in the process. This would also highlight Baconface's incompetence when it comes to recruitment. He (slur Alice) should have stuck to what he was good at... bullying.

I think this will be a close game.

United will have looked at their performance last week against Liverpool and Arsenal's performance against Chelsea today and they'll be aiming not to allow that - or another 1-6 - to happen in the derby.

One goal in it.

I suspect if everyone is fit, then same side as today but with Kompany replacing Lescott as the only change. ( I would also include clichy instead of Kolorov to match them for pace on wings) With a bit of luck both Aguero and Jovetic on the bench to give jovetic a further 20mins if needed and Aguero 10 mins. This will be hard fought and no quarter given although I would love for us to humiliate them I just want us to win by whatever score.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

A pale imitation, but you experiencing a long overdue dose of reality - hopefully it may just teach one or two of you a little humility. Moyes seems to be a decent man, just hopelessly out of his depth

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?

Of course, but it is going to be harder even than the last time!

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

Impossible to pick one out of Vinnie, Sergio, Yaya, Zab. Nasri most improved

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?

Of the current crop - Young. A cheat, pure and simple.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

Good start, has us playing with verve and panache and we are very easy on the eye. Not sure whether he can win the ultimate prize - but he represents a major contribution in our continual evolution.

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?

A chance to destroy the enemy, just for one night!

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

30th April 2012. Etihad. City 1 United 0. Vincent Kompany. Everything leading up to, during and subsequent to that game told us that City's new era was not going to be just another false dawn.

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?

Yes.

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?

2-2

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

bluemc1 said:
robbie1973 said:
Good evening people. I hope that this is in the correct thread, if not, could the admin or mods do the necessary please.

Hello, I am an admin on the Manchester United forum "United Reds", many of us moving over from Red Cafe. First of all this is not intended to be any attempt at flaming each others clubs, merely an attempt to gauge the feelings heading into Tueday nights game. This season we are doing a feature called 'Ask The Opposition', where we go on forums of opposition teams prior to the match and ask questions before posting the responses in a thread on there.

If any of you could answer any of these questions (answer as many/or as few as you want), it would be much appreciated. Our site address is <a class="postlink" href="http://www.unitedreds.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.unitedreds.net/</a> We will also, if you allow us to, also publish the answers to the questions as a blog and will link you guys to it. Again, if that is ok with you.

Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities? Perhaps the thing that's surprised me most about Moyes was the haste with which he cleared out the back room staff, and his willingness to largely abandon the proven Taggart MO of playing two wide men, drilled endlessly at hitting those witheringly accurate, whipped, inswinging crosses that have got United out of jail late on in games for the better part of 25 years. I do think he got sold something of a pup as well though, particularly as regards the dearth of both athleticism and creativity in the centre of midfield.

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league? Yes, although I don't think we will. The rest of the league seems utterly determined to hand it to Liverpool on a plate, engaging them in open ended games every week, whilst we face the grind of a never ending stream of parked buses. In addition to that, injuries have fucked both City and Arsenal all season long, whereas bar 6 weeks out for Sturridge at Christmas, Liverpool and Chelsea have had a pretty easy time of it. Whatever, to win it, we're gonna have to take at least 7 points from trips to Old Trafford, Highbury, Goodison and Klanfield, and I think that's a big ask.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities? Silva, although had he not been crocked for half the season, I might have said Aguero. Nasri and Kolarov are the two obvious improvements, and Fernandinho has been the signing who's exceeded expectations the most.

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why? Of the current squad, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone more graceless and repulsive than Rooney in world football, although Ferdinand gives him a run for his money. I also have a particular loathing for that snarling little rat boy Rafael. Historically, the list is almost endless. Cow Pat Crerand, Keane, Schmeichel, Ince, Van Nistlerooy, Hughes.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success? I'd like to say 'yes', but I genuinely have no idea. He's a good manager certainly, and I'd like to think next season, with another decent centre back added to the squad, a clone of Fernandinho, and a bit of extra pace up top, not to mention better luck with injuries, we might be in with a really decent shout.

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan? I hated derby day when we were shit, and I still hate it now that we're top dogs. It's too fucking stressful for words. I haven't enjoyed the atmosphere much the last 5 years either. It's been fairly poisonous, largely due I have to say to the remarkable bitterness of the United faithful. When we were shit, we were expected to put up with it and be the butt of the joke. Now the boot's on the other foot though, we've seen an upsurge in animosity, and the behaviour of large numbers of United's support at Wembley for the 2011 semi final in particular, was something I won't forget in a hurry.

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why? It's tempting to plump for the obvious 5-1 and 1-6 batterings, but the 3-1 win at Maine Road in 2003 when Neville fed the Goat, was special. The atmosphere that day was absolutely electric.

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium? See previous answer! Yes, but flat atmospheres and all seater stadia tend to go hand in hand

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?A great shame Aguero's not playing as I think we would have handed your arses to you on a plate. Instead I think United might have a decent shout on the counterattack, but I'd still expect City's midfield to hold sway. 2-1 to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.