Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go for:

___________________Hart

Zabaleta__Kompany__Demichellis__Kolarov

___________Y.Toure__Fernandinho

___Milner__________Silva___________Nasri

___________________Dzeko

Pantillimon, Lescott, Clichy, Garcia, Navas, Jovetic, Negredo.

Well personally I think I'd start Lescott over Demichellis but I doubt Pellegrini will. Vinny and Lescott are a proven partnership and Demichellis and Vinny seem to play better without each other weirdly. Lescott has done well in his last few games.

robbie1973 wrote:
Good evening people. I hope that this is in the correct thread, if not, could the admin or mods do the necessary please.

Hello, I am an admin on the Manchester United forum "United Reds", many of us moving over from Red Cafe. First of all this is not intended to be any attempt at flaming each others clubs, merely an attempt to gauge the feelings heading into Tueday nights game. This season we are doing a feature called 'Ask The Opposition', where we go on forums of opposition teams prior to the match and ask questions before posting the responses in a thread on there.

If any of you could answer any of these questions (answer as many/or as few as you want), it would be much appreciated. Our site address is <a class="postlink" href="http://www.unitedreds.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.unitedreds.net/</a> We will also, if you allow us to, also publish the answers to the questions as a blog and will link you guys to it. Again, if that is ok with you.

Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

I think Moyes has performed as best he can. He is not a great manager, and he never will be. I hope he stays and holds you back for the full term of his contract, but I can't see the powers that be will let that happen.

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?

At the moment, it is in our hands, but that supposes we win our games in hand, which is unlikely. We are in with a good shout of winning the title.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

I always rate YaYa, and I also think Demichelis is coming good.

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?

No, I don't hate anything about United. I despise your club, of course I do, but hate is too strong a word.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

To be honest, I think the Champions League is the worst, most divisive competition in football. The way it has distorted talent over money is beyond compare. I honestly couldn't give a stuff about 'The Champions League'. It is corrupt from top to bottom, and I don't mean that in the sense that referees have been bought, but the seedings. Only the most popular, biggest teams can win it.

Winning the Capital One cup gave me more pleasure than any success in 'The Worlds Greatest Club Competition' ever will.

When you have supported a little team like City for decades...................................No, I despise the Champions League. I'm a seasoncard holder, and I haven't been to a single game in that bloated competition.

I'll leave it to the tourists with their cameras, thank you very much!

So, bearing the original question in mind, I couldn't care less.

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?

I grew up when we stuffed you lot every game, Beating Liverpool means more than sticking 6 past you lot these days!

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

Question 8

6-1

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?

The Etihad is diffrerent. Memories of Maine Road are infused with being taken by my father as a small boy to watch players like Lee, Bell, and Summerbee. I don't have those memories at the new ground.

I miss Maine Road, not because of the atmosphere, but because of the memories.

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?

Ha Ha. We aint doing anything on Sunday!

!-4 City.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

aguero93:20 said:
Hart

Milner (zaba looks knackered)
Vinny
Mdm
Kolarov

Garcia
Fernandinho

Silva
Yaya
Nasri

Dzeko (Jovetic if he's still sick)

Fuck the pessimists, 8-0 to the best team in all the land and all the world, lets fucking bury them!

Oi! That's my score. Go get your own! Scouser.

I'd like Navas to start against United. Up against Evra I think he would have a lot of joy. Evra likes to get forward and he gives their limited midfield an outlet but Navas I'm sure would pin him back, giving us even more control in midfield.

_________________________HART_______________________
ZABA________KOMPANY______MDM________KOLAROV
___________FERNANDINHO___GARCIA________________
_______SILVA____________YAYA___________NASRI_______
______________________NEGREDO_____________________

I'd go for this, dominiate the midfiled, make sure those rags have less possession than us to sap their confidence and energy. I'd woudn't play too high of a line though. Then later in the game bring Navas on Jovetic.

I think it's going to be a much tougher game than some on here seem to believe.
Derby games are tough to call and they would love to put a dent in our title aspirations.
Must win game and i'm swaying between a draw or a narrow win for us, maybe 1-2.

And we will fight for ever more
Because of derby day.

ignore the half&half plastic red.

Give em nothing. And if you think I'm being a little over sensitive then see you near the coach park at 10pm and I'll hand you a wet wipe so you can wipe off all the spit after negotiating the swamps excuse for crowd control.

They are a bunch of rude, obnoxious tossers and don't ever forget it.

Ric said:
United are obviously an average side at the moment, but it's far from a formality. It's a cliche, but anything can happen in a derby. We turned them over a few times under Keegan and Pearce when we were fairly shit and they were the best team in the country; now the tables are turned I'm taking nothing for granted.

Most of the team picks itself, but I think he'll choose Clichy over Kolarov at left back and Dzeko ahead of Negredo (assuming he's recovered from illness). Biggest question is who takes the remaining midfield spot. There are numerous tactical and positional permutations, but it could be anyone from Milner, Garcia, Navas and Jovetic.

I would start with Navas

Navas against Evra gives me a hard on and if we get a hold on the game and our noses in front then look to Milner to shore things up, Milner ran his bollocks off yesterday so i can't see him starting on Tuesday.

Danamy said:
Ric said:
United are obviously an average side at the moment, but it's far from a formality. It's a cliche, but anything can happen in a derby. We turned them over a few times under Keegan and Pearce when we were fairly shit and they were the best team in the country; now the tables are turned I'm taking nothing for granted.

Most of the team picks itself, but I think he'll choose Clichy over Kolarov at left back and Dzeko ahead of Negredo (assuming he's recovered from illness). Biggest question is who takes the remaining midfield spot. There are numerous tactical and positional permutations, but it could be anyone from Milner, Garcia, Navas and Jovetic.

I would start with Navas

Navas against Evra gives me a hard on and if we get a hold on the game and our noses in front then look to Milner to shore things up, Milner ran his bollocks off yesterday so i can't see him starting on Tuesday.

Yeah, with you all the way mate. That's exactly how I see it.

Jovetic on for last 30 as well, he'll cause them all sorts of problems dropping between the lines against their carthorse midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.