City v Real Madrid post match

Mixed feelings. Not conceding an away goal is huge, but we'll not be playing a Madrid without Ronaldo and Benzema (for 45 mins) again. Missed opportunity, but at least we still have a sniff.

I guess the one thing I would look forward most from Pep, is to never, ever lose the midfield.
Quite happy with the 0-0, will make it nerve wracking for real because they just can't concede now, but just annoying the number of times we end up with a tactically naive formation against top opponents.

Sad to lose Silva. That was the turning point. As much as I like Kelechi, bringing him on effectively stuck us with 4-4-2 and trom that point on, they had much more joy in midfield. Sterling should have been the call. Still ... all to play for at their place!

Said this a few pages ago - if Sterling was 100% match sharp he would have come on for Silva.

Pellegrini should have been brave and taken Kelechi off around 70 minutes for Sterling to allow De Bruyne to go back through the middle.

They are nothing special, in Madrid we will score on the counter, just got to defend really well. Thank god i booked the morning off work!!!!
I thought exactly the same...but they were made to look a lot better after Dave went off and we changed the formation. Also our two defensive mids tired as the game went on. Inevitable with the work they put in and the extra work they had to do when the formation changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.