City v Saints post match

Goal kicks - 15 seconds
Throw ins - 10 seconds
Both from the time the goalie/player has the ball in their control. If over the time, it becomes a corner/throw in to the opposition.
Either that, or as I said earlier, the clock starts when the ball is kicked/thrown.

I thought the Laws say that if you were "injured", you should be treated OFF the pitch. Again, if the clock is stopped, it's irrelevant how much time is taken. The clock only restarts when the referee blows his whistle for the game to continue.

What could possibly go wrong?

;-)

I dont know why they dont introduce official timekeepers and a clock as in rugby league, union and many other sports. Any timewasting, the ref lifts his hands in the air to stop the clock. Its visible, no more arguments over "Fergie time," and adds to the excitement as the clock winds down.

1) Have you seen any signs that Pep has put any learnings into practice
2) The players seem to agree with peps "were not good enough"statement. We've not won since he made it.
3) Not if we learn & quickly. We've pissed away a 5 point advantage in 3 games
4) What ?

It's dead easy to play like Barcelona, & why the fuck we haven't nailed it is anyone's guess.

I blame Pep.

The best remedy is to score & go in front around minute 89. PMSL at people like Forster then running about like U Bolt as clock winds down. And moaning to ref at other team slow down tactics.

Spuds good at this also - is there any connection I wonder ??

I like the general idea but with the ball in play more and games effectively lasting a good bit longer I think you would need to increase the number of substitutions allowed.
But would it? Each half would see 45 minutes play. I thought that was the point of the game. Footballers are supposed to be professional athletes, and should be able to last 90 minutes with a 15 minute break for half an orange at half time. I could manage 40 minutes "playing" squash well into my 50s, and these young fellas are a lot fitter than I ever was!
Plus, when time wasting/gamesmanship is irrelevant when the ball is dead, things will inevitably speed up.

But would it? Each half would see 45 minutes play. I thought that was the point of the game. Footballers are supposed to be professional athletes, and should be able to last 90 minutes with a 15 minute break for half an orange at half time. I could manage 40 minutes "playing" squash well into my 50s, and these young fellas are a lot fitter than I ever was!
Plus, when time wasting/gamesmanship is irrelevant when the ball is dead, things will inevitably speed up.
No chance whatsoever of 45 minutes actual play in each half. The current average is less than 65 minutes ball in play time for a full game.
We need a set time for certain situations; goal kicks, corners, throw-ins etc, and especially late substitutions, and the clock stops if that time is exceeded. But we still need yellow cards for time wasting when it disrupts the flow of the game.

Since we lost the game to Spurs are performances have got steadily worse. The 1st half performance was the worst in a long time, I can't remember a performance that bad under MP. The only good thing to come out of yesterday's game, is that the 2nd half performance was 100% better than what went on in the 1st half. What's that now no wins in 5 games, that's not an ideal run with Barcalona coming next Tues. The next 2games have got to be won.

Lol, you must have fricking Alzheimer's or something then! We were poor 1st half on Sunday, but still light years better than Burnley away (14/15), rags away (14/15), Liverpool home and away (15/16), Southampton away (15/16), Stoke away (15/16), Leicester home (15/16), Boro home (14/15), Spurs away (15/16), and I could give you another dozen easily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.