City V Southampton post match discussion

Exeter Blue I am here said:
It was evident after about 5 minutes that Southampton were pacy and mobile, and intent on exploiting our lack of personnel down the flanks. Zabaleta in particular was completely exposed for the entire 90 minutes, with nobody covering in front of him, as Southampton doubled, and even trebled, up on him. Kompany kept getting dragged over to help, which then left Mr Wooden (Lescott) having to cope with the big lummox up front on his own, something he struggled at, getting backed into and bumped into scuffed half clearances galore. Seriously though, if we can't cope with a team of Premier League journeymen counterattacking, then the Chimps League promises to be a fucking nightmare of epic proportions. Whatever, it took Mancini 85 minutes to introduce Kolarov, and we never saw Milner at all.

Hart 6 - Fuck all to do, but his piss poor sliced clearances down the middle in the last 10 minutes allowed Southampton to run the ball back at us repeatedly.
Zaba 6 - Did his best, but had no fucking chance defensively.
Clichy 6 - See Zabaleta. Much better crossing than usual I'm pleased to say.
Kompany 6 - Mediocre at best.
Lescott 5 - See Kompany, only painfully slow.
Nasri 9 - Man of the Match by a country mile and even won a few tackles.
Silva 4 - Dreadful. Clearly not fit. The penalty was a joke. Anyone who takes an almost perpendicular run up to the ball, drastically reduces the chances of controlling its placement, and so it proved. If I was Mancini I would have fried his nuts in oil for that one incident alone. Give him two or three games to get that sharpness back and he'll be buzzin' again I'm sure.
Ya Ya 8 - Increasingly ran the game.
Rodwell 6 - Some nice touches initially, but grew progressively more crab-like as the game possessed. May have been acting under orders in that regard, or may have been feeling the pace, but either way unless he's prepared to unleash his attacking instincts now and again, then he'll be little more than a taller version of De Jong. There were enough flashes of skill to make me optimistic though and it's a shame his one bad pass proved so costly.
Tevez 7 - Typically bustling, scored and won a pen.
Dzeko 5 - A carthorse. Looks like he's put on a stone in weight, and clearly can't be relied on to convert even the simplest of chances. Unfortunately, at 120k a week and 25m quid, he ain't going anywhere. Moaning about being on the bench is fine (it demonstrates hunger if nothing else), but he was put clean through in the Charity Shield and lumbered after it like a Lada towing an anvil, and yesterday he adjusted his feet with all the dexterity of Arthur Mullard ballroom dancing to miss from 3 yards.
Mario 7 - Also joined the "missed an open goal" club, but touch and movement was light years ahead of Dzeko.

If we play like that on a regular basis, a top 3 finish will be the best we can hope for. There were positives - good going forward (apart from the dire finishing) and crossing much improved, but there were significant negatives as well. For the third competitive fixture in a row (QPR, Chelsea and Southampton) the opposition had 2 shots and scored 2 goals. We were a fucking shambles at the back, but much of the trouble there stemmed from the midfield failing to protect the defence, particularly down Zab's flank.
The injury to Aguero killed the mood for me, and I'll be absolutely gutted if he's out for the season. A pox on the cunts in the away end booing him and chanting "She fell over". Bottom line though? We were way below par and still won. The hallmark of champions

Dzeko a carthorse. ffs he scored.. Then you go on to say we have the hallmark of champions.

Good grief,theres some shite on here sometimes.

What i want to know is what has happened to the Dzeko that played for Wolfsburg.

Watch any highlight videos and he looks 10x faster he has quick feet, bossing defenders with his strength, taking shots on from everywhere, running through players like a steam train and so on.

I don't know if he really does need a good long run of game or he can't be arsed.

He still gets his goals and fair play to him for that but the chances he gets he really should be making more of them.

I still have faith in Dzeko and i hope he can spur himself on now and really stamp his place in the team.

CTID101 said:
What i want to know is what has happened to the Dzeko that played for Wolfsburg.

Watch any highlight videos and he looks 10x faster he has quick feet, bossing defenders with his strength, taking shots on from everywhere, running through players like a steam train and so on.

I don't know if he really does need a good long run of game or he can't be arsed.

He still gets his goals and fair play to him for that but the chances he gets he really should be making more of them.

I still have faith in Dzeko and i hope he can spur himself on now and really stamp his place in the team.

Now he's playing at Man City, watch this [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aUMGkabCic[/youtube]

Every player do a bad match, Silva didn't played well too. He scored the second goal, like the match against QPR!!

And to play in a team where you are the star is different that a team that you're one of the stars

I know players have bad games and i am not doubting he is a world class player but just a better level of consistency is needed. If he can do that he will be very important for us this season.

baildon blue said:
Marvin said:
baildon blue said:
Defence was poor.Joe didnt look fit.Rodwell was a bit off the pace in the second half.Hope agureos ok.Nasri played well.Tevez played well.
So what mistakes in defence did we make? Our defenders won their individual battles. The goals came from City losing the ball in their half, and we put ourselves under pressure in the last 10 mins because we didn't hold on to the ball - that had little to do with the defence and a lot more to do with the midfield. There weren't that many options for the man in possession so we kept giving it away, but actually we protected our goal quite well
I said rodwell was off the pace mush so that means the midfield didnt do the best of jobS ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I remember correctly the first goal came from a bad clearance from Lescott.

Salar said:
baildon blue said:
Marvin said:
So what mistakes in defence did we make? Our defenders won their individual battles. The goals came from City losing the ball in their half, and we put ourselves under pressure in the last 10 mins because we didn't hold on to the ball - that had little to do with the defence and a lot more to do with the midfield. There weren't that many options for the man in possession so we kept giving it away, but actually we protected our goal quite well
I said rodwell was off the pace mush so that means the midfield didnt do the best of jobS ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hardly a poor clearance, he was stretching to intercept a pass (which he did) it just happened to fall to Lambert

pudge said:
Salar said:
baildon blue said:
Hardly a poor clearance, he was stretching to intercept a pass (which he did) it just happened to fall to Lambert
He could have done better.

Salar said:
pudge said:
Salar said:
He could have done better.
He initially blocked Do Prado's shot and pushed out, it fell to their player, he then played it to Lambert who attempted to play it to Do Prado, Lescott intercepted, nobody reacted or picked up Lambert, it fell to him and he scored.

What more could Lescott have done?

samharris said:
It was evident after about 5 minutes that Southampton were pacy and mobile, and intent on exploiting our lack of personnel down the flanks. Zabaleta in particular was completely exposed for the entire 90 minutes, with nobody covering in front of him, as Southampton doubled, and even trebled, up on him. Kompany kept getting dragged over to help, which then left Mr Wooden (Lescott) having to cope with the big lummox up front on his own, something he struggled at, getting backed into and bumped into scuffed half clearances galore. Seriously though, if we can't cope with a team of Premier League journeymen counterattacking, then the Chimps League promises to be a fucking nightmare of epic proportions. Whatever, it took Mancini 85 minutes to introduce Kolarov, and we never saw Milner at all.

Hart 6 - Fuck all to do, but his piss poor sliced clearances down the middle in the last 10 minutes allowed Southampton to run the ball back at us repeatedly.
Silva 4 - Dreadful. Clearly not fit. The penalty was a joke. Anyone who takes an almost perpendicular run up to the ball, drastically reduces the chances of controlling its placement, and so it proved. If I was Mancini I would have fried his nuts in oil for that one incident alone. Give him two or three games to get that sharpness back and he'll be buzzin' again I'm sure.
Rodwell 6 - Some nice touches initially, but grew progressively more crab-like as the game possessed. May have been acting under orders in that regard, or may have been feeling the pace, but either way unless he's prepared to unleash his attacking instincts now and again, then he'll be little more than a taller version of De Jong. There were enough flashes of skill to make me optimistic though and it's a shame his one bad pass proved so costly.
Dzeko 5 - A carthorse. Looks like he's put on a stone in weight, and clearly can't be relied on to convert even the simplest of chances. Unfortunately, at 120k a week and 25m quid, he ain't going anywhere. Moaning about being on the bench is fine (it demonstrates hunger if nothing else), but he was put clean through in the Charity Shield and lumbered after it like a Lada towing an anvil, and yesterday he adjusted his feet with all the dexterity of Arthur Mullard ballroom dancing to miss from 3 yards.
Mario 7 - Also joined the "missed an open goal" club, but touch and movement was light years ahead of Dzeko.

If we play like that on a regular basis, a top 3 finish will be the best we can hope for. There were positives - good going forward (apart from the dire finishing) and crossing much improved, but there were significant negatives as well. For the third competitive fixture in a row (QPR, Chelsea and Southampton) the opposition had 2 shots and scored 2 goals. We were a fucking shambles at the back, but much of the trouble there stemmed from the midfield failing to protect the defence, particularly down Zab's flank.
The injury to Aguero killed the mood for me, and I'll be absolutely gutted if he's out for the season. A pox on the cunts in the away end booing him and chanting "She fell over". Bottom line though? We were way below par and still won. The hallmark of champions

Dzeko a carthorse. ffs he scored.. Then you go on to say we have the hallmark of champions.

The hallmark of champions is winning without being at your best.....erm, which we did. And if you're claiming that scoring a goal from 3 yards but not having a particularly good game are mutually exclusive acts, then you're right, there is some shite on here. Berk.

samharris said:

The hallmark of champions is winning without being at your best.....erm, which we did. And if you're claiming that scoring a goal from 3 yards but not having a particularly good game are mutually exclusive acts, then you're right, there is some shite on here. Berk.

I really don't think that he is the berk on this particular occasion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.