City V Southampton post match discussion

BringBackSwales said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
samharris said:
Dzeko a carthorse. ffs he scored.. Then you go on to say we have the hallmark of champions.

Good grief,theres some shite on here sometimes.

The hallmark of champions is winning without being at your best.....erm, which we did. And if you're claiming that scoring a goal from 3 yards but not having a particularly good game are mutually exclusive acts, then you're right, there is some shite on here. Berk.

I really don't think that he is the berk on this particular occasion

If you can counter the argument made, please feel free......

Dzeko & Hyde said:
Silva 4 - Dreadful. Clearly not fit. The penalty was a joke. Anyone who takes an almost perpendicular run up to the ball, drastically reduces the chances of controlling its placement, and so it proved. If I was Mancini I would have fried his nuts in oil for that one incident alone. Give him two or three games to get that sharpness back and he'll be buzzin' again I'm sure.

For some unfathomable reason, he's always been garbage in front of goal though, hasn't he.

The number of times he has going scoring chances and completely fluffs his lines is ridiculous.

This is what I found on a Southampton forum:

The whole match day experience at The Etihad was fantastic. I was so surprised when waiting for my train home at Piccadilly how many City fans came over to me and shook my hand and congratulated us on giving them a game and leaving with "Play like that and you will stay up easily"! In fact, this continued on the train home with City fans chatting to Saints happily. I would urge Saints fans to make them as welcome when they visit us. Their humility was refreshing as they didn't have to do that; I doubt it would've been the same had we been to the red side of the city.

What nice people we are!

raininspain said:
This is what I found on a Southampton forum:

The whole match day experience at The Etihad was fantastic. I was so surprised when waiting for my train home at Piccadilly how many City fans came over to me and shook my hand and congratulated us on giving them a game and leaving with "Play like that and you will stay up easily"! In fact, this continued on the train home with City fans chatting to Saints happily. I would urge Saints fans to make them as welcome when they visit us. Their humility was refreshing as they didn't have to do that; I doubt it would've been the same had we been to the red side of the city.

What nice people we are!

Can you PM me the forum please? I'd like to have a look at that, thanks

They seemed to have had a decent, sorry, ''deeecent'' time ''oop North'';

City’s defence was great value and its easy to see why they belong in the England side. Hart, although we put two past him, (and how about those goals!!) was good; Kompany and Lescott were a joy to watch. There’s no point in even discussing their mid-field and forwards.

But we did well, Guly for the first time since he put on Saints shirt looked really comfortable out there and I was so pleased that Adam Allana wore to the armband. That blonde child, Ward-Prouse, can be proud of his debut and our pair of subs; two mins two goals! Jay Rodriguez, like Billy Sharp, will soon get used to our style and Morgan, though he got easily hustled off the ball once or twice keeps on improving. Our back four acquitted themselves well, but if they didn’t know it before, they know now what’s in store for them. Kelvin was Kelvin and Puncheon is going to drive me around the bend!

Our Away fans were on form (just ask the Sky pundits!) with lots of noise. But a word about the City fans. We walked back to the car with several, and I know they’d won the game, but they were really friendly. Perhaps they remember what it was like before they came into the money and could invest in top players. I for one would like to see them take the Premiership again. Unlike the Red side of Manchester you can enjoy a bit of banter and still have a laugh with City fans.

Myself and the wee chap came down from Edinburgh for this one, one of our usual 5 home games a season and overnight stay on match day routine and very enjoyable it was too. The 5 games we saw last season were a walkover for City, the closest was the 3-0 v Blackburn....so this was something we'd not seen in the flesh for a while, a close City home game.
Jesus, there were some right whingers round us, some people seemed to have forgotten that City are the current league champions and that to win the league you generally have to be a half decent team or better. Personally, I thought Southampton were mediocre and it was a miracle they scored twice, more down to our sloppiness at the back in clearing lines than through any creative play from them.
Nasri was immense, that guy can hang onto the ball like few others, in my view he is becoming as important to City as Silva and his performances since the Chelsea 2-1 at home have been on average better than Silva's, this could be the season when Nasri really flourishes.
We love coming down for home games, its great to come to a place where there are so many other fellow blues and I envy a lot of you who live in or around Manchester and are able to get to most home games....going to the Etihad is a joy these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.