City v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City V Southampton Pre-Match Thread.

Thought I would start it, So many questions to ask, will Joe be fit? will it be 3-5-2? will Rodders start? will Dzeko and Kolo be away by Sunday? who is unfurling the flag before the match?

I predict 3-1 City.

Re: Manchester City V Southampton Pre-Match Thread.

City 3-0 Southampton

Southampton will need time to settle in the Premier League and their pre-season, well... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/84056/southampton-vs-udinese/report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/84056/s ... ese/report</a>

Looking forward to seeing the champions :) on paper should be a comfortable home win. lets hope the few mistakes from sunday will be ironed out from sunday. I would like to see Joe back but wouldn't mind if Costel gets a chance to put a good performance in.

Can't wait to see Tevez and aguero again.

3-0 City

Manchester City V Southampton Pre-Match Thread.

I think a city 3-1 win and still problems at halftime getting a drink an sold out pie in the east stand!

Whether it's 352 or last season's variation of 442 depends on whether Bobby thinks Silva is fit enough to start, because we can't really play Silva AND Nasri in the 352.

My gut feeling is that he'll feel it's the perfect game to give Silva 60 minutes or so, to get him match sharp for Anfield.

.........Tevez........Aguero........
Silva.............................Nasri
.........De Jong.....Yaya............

Clichy...Lescott?...Kompany...Zab

................Hart (hopefully).......

Re: City Vs Southampton Pre match Discussion Thread

Thinking about the 3-5-2 v 4-4-2. I think 442 can be more attacking if the full backs push right up, so I expect City to play 442 v Saints

------------------Hart--------------
Zab----Kompany-----Lescott---Clichy
-------------Yaya Toure
-----Milner-----------------Nasri
-----------------Silva
---------Tevez--------Aguero

Even more difficult than usual to predict as Mario and Dzeko could feature and AJ too

That's good as it means no one can feel complacent and the opposition wont know how we are going to set up.

If we go with 3 at the back, and play with Milner and Kolarov wide, I'd like to see Dzeko start as he'd be more effective with the crosses

Head says 5-0 to you lot, heart says 1-0 and Billy Sharp for us. (300/1 btw)

Saint said:
Head says 5-0 to you lot, heart says 1-0 and Billy Sharp for us. (300/1 btw)
Will you play Billy Sharp and Lambert? I was expecting just one central striker.

I remember when we got successive promotions under Joe Royle one of our first away games was a mid-week game at Leeds who were then a top team. I went and we turned them over 2-1. Anything can happen, especially on the opening day when teams aren't quite ready and promoted clubs are all full of beans. Shot to nothing for you. If I were you I'd be quite happy at playing City away first.

Glad it's on a Sunday because then I can enjoy Saturday's games too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.