City v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Southampton Pre match Discussion Thread

greasedupdeafguy said:
ABU inc GDR said:
Marvin said:
Thinking about the 3-5-2 v 4-4-2. I think 442 can be more attacking if the full backs push right up, so I expect City to play 442 v Saints

------------------Hart--------------
Zab----Kompany-----Lescott---Clichy
-------------Yaya Toure
-----Milner-----------------Nasri
-----------------Silva
---------Tevez--------Aguero

Even more difficult than usual to predict as Mario and Dzeko could feature and AJ too

That's good as it means no one can feel complacent and the opposition wont know how we are going to set up.

If we go with 3 at the back, and play with Milner and Kolarov wide, I'd like to see Dzeko start as he'd be more effective with the crosses

I like the look of that formation only you've got 12 players on the pitch, lets try it and see if anyone notices!
Can you count?

The real problem would be that it would reduce Yaya's effectiveness by about 60%

I think we will go with the same lineup that Mancini has been "experimenting" with in recent friendlies..
4-0 Win (Milner, Tevez x2, Aguero)

can see it starting and ending like swansea at home last year, they will be full of running and trying their hardest to press us, but at some point they`ll tire and then the fun will begin

at least 3-0 but could be be a bag full, maybe as many as 6-0

to any saints fans lurking.
sorry if that sounds arrogant, be we can be that good, 1-6 against rags (it should of been 10) and 1-6 norwich away, 1-5 against spurs away.

but we all know how strange football is

Doesn't matter what system we play, anything less than 3-0 will be a disappointment. I'm expecting 6-0, with Aguero to get a ton for my fantasy team! Also, rags won't get 3 points at Goodison so we'll start the season already ahead of them and they won't catch us.

Title wrapped up by March.

---------Aguero----Tevez-----
---------Nasri--Yaya---Silva---
Clichy---------Rodwell------Richards
------Kompany--------Lescott------
-----------------Hart---------------

Rodwell, Kompany, Lescott, Richards and Clichy dropping back into a 532 when we don't have the ball.

I don't know how ready Rodwell so if he isn't NDJ is here he can slot in there.

CTID101 said:

Rodwell, Kompany, Lescott, Richards and Clichy dropping back into a 532 when we don't have the ball.

No Richards & Hart doubtful. But I like the idea of Yaya playing further forward. best sight in football is Yaya Toure breaking from midfield

CTID101 said:

i like that lineup, but i doubt mancini would start rodwell right away and he now prefers the 3-4-1-2 formation, and i dont think he will play both silva and nasri and silva in that formation, he will probably use a DM instead. i would like to see razak play instead of de jong, who is probably leaving anyways, to improve his game.

this is probably a more realistic lineup

............aguero....tevez
...................silva
clichy....razak.....yaya...milner
.....lescott..kompany..zabaleta
................pantilimon

in my opinion, in that formation we have plenty of defense cover, so i would slot nasri in place of razak, but i dont think mancini will, he likes to be extra careful, which is stupid sometimes, especially this being a home game vs a newly promoted team.

i think tha mancini is trying to get agger and de ressi to play this formation

..........aguero....tevez
...................silva
clichy..de rossi..yaya..milner
......lescott..agger..kompany
...................hart

silva is going to be even more special in this lineup, it will allow him to concentrate just on creating goals and scoring.
as for new transfers, i think that agger should be put in lescotts place(lescott is always prone to mistakes, and he hesitates a lot. 2 huge mistakes that come to mind are vs liverpool away and vs qpr at home), de rossi moved to center of defense(he can also push up at times, like with italy) and nasri in the CM position next to yaya

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Tevez City said:
------------------Hart--------------
Tevez----Tevez-----Tevez---Tevez
---------------Tevez------------
-----Tevez-----------------Tevez
-----------------Tevez
---------Tevez--------Tevez

Did you have to?

With this being the matchday thread I thought I was ok having a mouthful of coffee as I scrolled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.