CITY v Spuds - Official Match Thread

Halfpenny said:
Wish Corluka was playing, Bellamy would tear him a new arsehole.

To be frank, I'm far happier Bellers will be able to have a go at Kaboul. Charlie is a far superior RB, I'm happy he's out.

Braggster said:
Halfpenny said:
Wish Corluka was playing, Bellamy would tear him a new arsehole.

To be frank, I'm far happier Bellers will be able to have a go at Kaboul. Charlie is a far superior RB, I'm happy he's out.
He may have more ability but he's slow as fuck.

Yid said:
bizzbo said:
He will play Huddlestone and Palacios in midfield but that's all he can do to tighten things up. Bale will be left back because if, as expected, King doesn't start, Bassong will likely fill in at CB. And he is the no genuinely defensive option for left back. The only possibility outside of King starting is Corluka returning to RB, with Kaboul in the centre.

The more I think about this the more I think we will get the win. Spurs away record against good teams is poor. Lost at Chelsea, Liverpool, rags and Arsenal, ten goals conceded, one scored. The 1-1 at Villa was their best effort.

Away wins against good teams? Don't see any. Of course they don't need a win, but the only times you could say they got a 'good' draw away were the FA cup

Modric and Huddlestone will start in CM.

Assou Ekotto is our left back, Bale will be LW.

No offense, but we consider you more of a 'Villa' team than a 'Chelsea' team.
Hahaha f*ck you ya southern twat

Corluka is a poor defender in my opinion.

I watched Utd play Sours recently, and Spurs set out to park the bus in that game and didn't do it well at all. They gave away some cheap goals. I think they will play to their strengths which is to attack. If they come here to defend we will beat them

Spurs got the breaks in the Arsenal and Chelsea games, but there's no doubt that they are a very good team

I am not sure if De Jong will be able to stop Modric because tactics will come into it. We may end up matching each other as happened against Villa, or Spurs may outnumber us in midfield. I'm expecting them to play Palacios, Modric, Huddlestone and Bale. That will be 4 midfielders against our central 2, and Tevez dropping deep.

I hope we drop Bellamy and play AJ down the left and SWP down the right as Bellamy has struggled in recent weeks with his delivery from the left. He's realy a striker not a winger. Bellamy can be used as an impact sub. Pace against tired legs late on

Marvin said:
Corluka is a poor defender in my opinion.

I watched Utd play Sours recently, and Spurs set out to park the bus in that game and didn't do it well at all. They gave away some cheap goals. I think they will play to their strengths which is to attack. If they come here to defend we will beat them

Spurs got the breaks in the Arsenal and Chelsea games, but there's no doubt that they are a very good team

I am not sure if De Jong will be able to stop Modric because tactics will come into it. We may end up matching each other as happened against Villa, or Spurs may outnumber us in midfield. I'm expecting them to play Palacios, Modric, Huddlestone and Bale. That will be 4 midfielders against our central 2, and Tevez dropping deep.

I hope we drop Bellamy and play AJ down the left and SWP down the right as Bellamy has struggled in recent weeks with his delivery from the left. He's realy a striker not a winger. Bellamy can be used as an impact sub. Pace against tired legs late on

If they go 4-5-1 i'd be worried, stick 4-4-2 and i'm confident.

I really hope they try and take the game to us to be honest, they'll be wide open if they do that with Huddlestone and Modric as their 2 central midfielders, Tevez would run riot in the gap between midfield and defence.

If they sit back though, i worry about our capability to break them down, and also about their wingers breaking at pace against our full-backs.

They are good going forward, but I am not sure how good they are defending

Mancini has a decision to make regarding Vieira and Barry. Vieira played very well against Villa but if we play two wide men and De Jong we wil have to choose between the two.

Alternatively we could play a 433 to partner Adebayor with AJ switching wings.
De Jong-Vieira-Barry
Tevez-Adebayor-AJ

That would make us solid in the middle, but two wide men in AJ and Bellamy will prevent Lennon and Bale getting forward. I am not sure they will start with lennon. Think they will use him as a sub if they go behind

CITY players of the match 0-3 to SPUR.

(Huges)Given,Richards,Barry, Tevez, De Jong (Petrov 71) , Onuoha, Toure, Sylvinho, Ireland, Adebayor, Robinho (Santa Cruz 59).
SPUR Goals: Kranjcar 37, Defoe 54, Kranjcar 90.

CITY players of the match 4-2 to CHELSEA
(Mancini)Given,Richards, Barry,Tevez ,De Jong , Kompany, Lescott, Bridge (Santa Cruz 78), Zabaleta, Bellamy,Adam Johnson (Wright-Phillips 60).
CITY Goals: Tevez 45, Bellamy 51, Tevez 76 pen, Bellamy 87

totally almost not the same team.

CITY players of the match 2-1 to CHELSEA (home win)
(Huges) Given, Richards (Onuoha 69), Toure, Lescott, Bridge (Kompany 76), De Jong, Barry, Wright-Phillips, Tevez, Robinho (Zabaleta 90), Adebayor.
CITY Goals: Adebayor 37, Tevez 56.
Adebayor 8 og

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.