CITY v Spuds - Official Match Thread

Will Vierra be able to play 2 games so close to each other? and if he does will he be able to maintain the intensity at which he will need to play

other than that mancini should keep the same team( or maybe start swp instead of Jonno as its such a big game....jonno has gone missing in the last two major games we have played...utd and arsenal)

i hope RM keeps to his philosophy of attacking football that he showed vs villa instead of the completely defensive game he played in other big games

My nerves are jangling already.

I think Spurs might come and park the bus to try not to lose. Leaving it completely in their hands for last game.

Whether this willl suit us or not, I dont know.

Hope we fight for it and dont go out with a whimper.

come on blues....

also, I wont predict a score

this game is huge. for both clubs. if the atmosphere is anything like hamburg then the spurs players and fans will shit their pants. that will definitely give us an advantage. all form will go out the window for this one it will be a battle. will spurs park the bus and play for the draw? not too sure. this game could go either way and i am nervous as fuck. but we can all play our part. lets get behind the lads and get on top of the spurs players. come on city lets do this!

Would love to say a City win, but just can't see it. Since we got promoted with KK, we've been the nearly men, always missing out by a goal and considering we're shite against Spuds, I think we're gonna just miss out again.

There was the Boro game to get in Europe where we missed out by one goal.
The UEFA Cup quarter final against Hamburg, missed out by one goal again.
And then the Carling Cup semi with Scum, missed out be one goal again.

1-0 Spuds, Corluka.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Would love to say a City win, but just can't see it. Since we got promoted with KK, we've been the nearly men, always missing out by a goal and considering we're shite against Spuds, I think we're gonna just miss out again.

1-0 Spuds, Corluka.

corluka isnt even playing

FUManUtd said:

1-0 Spuds, Corluka.

corluka isnt even playing
Defoe then.

I think the team will be the same as against villa, he might put Nedum in to deal with bales pace though. I would start Vieria, people say hes slow but he will be up against Huddlestone who isn't that quick himself while De Jong will be against Palacious or Modric. However Spurs may go 4-5-1 with Modric,Palacious and Huddlestone in the middle with Lennon and bale on the wings this will outnumber are midfield.

MonsallBlue said:
My nerves are jangling already.

I think Spurs might come and park the bus to try not to lose. Leaving it completely in their hands for last game.

Whether this willl suit us or not, I dont know.

Hope we fight for it and dont go out with a whimper.

come on blues....

also, I wont predict a score

I can assue you that this won't happen for the simple reason that Spurs do not know how to park the bus. Spurs a a pretty attacking minded team and, as such, have never really employed this strategy before. For that reason, Spurs really have no idea how to carry out such tactics. If we decide to park the bus a loss is more than likely. Harry won't get away from the sort of football we have played all year. Besides, a draw and it goes to the last day. A win (however difficult/unlikely) and Spurs are in the CL.

1-0 Spuds, Corluka.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkKzUUjER_4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkKzUUjER_4</a>

Have faith! ;)

Given; Richards, Toure, Onuoha, Sylvinho; Ireland, De Jong (Petrov, 70), Barry, Robinho (Santa Cruz, 58); Adebayor, Tevez.

The above side is the one that lost away at Spurs, where a now absent Krancjar scored twice. There will be no lennon-sylvinho debacle; nor robinho no-show, and a now fully fit and commanding Kompany at the heart of he defence. Furthermore we now have AJ and Bellamy available. An all-season out of sorts midfielder will also not make the side (Ireland). Incidently Spurs had Bale and Modric unused bench that day. I expect Harry may include Bale and Modric.

I expect a City win, though not as comfortably as Villa, remember Spurs at one point looked like turning United over at 1-1.

If full-backs can contain Bale and Lennon, and De-Jong Modric, we have more than enough to outscore them.

Two shakey defences says 3-2 City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.