CITY v Spuds - Official Match Thread

Marvin said:
They are good going forward, but I am not sure how good they are defending

Mancini has a decision to make regarding Vieira and Barry. Vieira played very well against Villa but if we play two wide men and De Jong we wil have to choose between the two.

Alternatively we could play a 433 to partner Adebayor with AJ switching wings.
De Jong-Vieira-Barry
Tevez-Adebayor-AJ

That would make us solid in the middle, but two wide men in AJ and Bellamy will prevent Lennon and Bale getting forward. I am not sure they will start with lennon. Think they will use him as a sub if they go behind

Yeah I'm not sure Lennon is match fit so he will be used in an emergency. They will have Huddlestone and Palacios in front of the back four so the movement of Tevez and Bellamy will be important, would play De Jong and Barry wit AJ offering some width, otherwise it will get to congested in midfield, plus we don't want to give Bale too much space on the wing. Feeling nervous now, but I agree with these guys and have a sneaky feeling we will nick it to make Harry eat his words.

I think its almost guaranteed they'll be playing defensively 4-5-1. Redknapp only needs a draw they'd rather go home with a point then risking everything. They only need to beat Burnley if they get a draw or else they'll end up having to rely on West Ham, who are safe and have nothing to play and not to mention have been quite frankly, shit.

They'll be sat deep and soaking everything up tomorrow, its really going to be a very very frustrating game.

i am so nervous about this game, we need to win this. i would start berry if fit and than maybe bring on vieria in 75th min and have him sit back and not make runs.
i cant wait for this game and yet i am so scared we wont win it. we cant loose in front of our own fans.
how come our fans never bring flares to the stadium? you know how much more intense the atmosphere would be if the fans lit up the stadium with flares. it would make the stadium look like hell to the opponents.
something like this
0.jpg

FUManUtd said:
how come our fans never bring flares to the stadium? you know how much more intense the atmosphere would be if the fans lit up the stadium with flares. it would make the stadium look like hell to the opponents.

If every one shouts loudly in a rhythm,this might be a frightening sonic boom for opponents.

oversea supporter said:
FUManUtd said:

If every one shouts loudly in a rhythm,this might be a frightening sonic boom for opponents.

yea but not as intimidating as the whole stadium looking like hell<br /><br />-- Tue May 04, 2010 11:43 pm --<br /><br />i wish i was at this game, i would buy like 50 flares and hand them out to people

must admit i'm more nervous now than i was for the derby and i didn't think that was possible.

I truly believe we can bead Spuds, the have had the jinx over us for a while but who would have thought we'd take 6 points of Chelsea, 4 off Arsenal, 2 off Liverpool, push the rags into injury time 3 times and turn Villa over after going behind on Saturday.

No matter what we are the city faithful. So what it will be 35 years by the time we can win a trophy we will still be here, standing strong and proud as we always have.

I've waited all my life for this moment and I will be giving it my all to get the people round me singing and lift the boys.

Eminem:
If you had one shot, or one opportunity,
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment,
Would you capture it? Or just let it slip?

Europa league at the worst, get a grip all the its not good enough brigade or would you prefer 'mid-table and battling the drop' seasons?
Trying to run before we can walk, this is a great season whatever way you look at it.

THE BLUE MOON IS RISING.

I am absolutely terrified, we have a terrible record against Spurs and I think that its going to continue. I just have no optimism in me right now, I know that its a distinct possibility that we can win this match but this is City and I just can see us screwing it up with some last minute goal against or something.

BoundedCascade said:
I am absolutely terrified, we have a terrible record against Spurs and I think that its going to continue. I just have no optimism in me right now, I know that its a distinct possibility that we can win this match but this is City and I just can see us screwing it up with some last minute goal against or something.

Don't worry.this team is not the same team as those in the past,at the time we lost 0-3 to spur,even Huges knewn that before,so he send reserved team in that match.

Although we hardly ever beat Spurs even at home, I would be interested to know how many of our defeats against them were under floodlights when the atmosphere is much more intimidating than daytime. If my memory serves me right, some of our best home performances have been during midweek floodlit matches. I hope my theory is right and that we can turn the tables on our bogey side...just like the Spuds did against the Gooners recently. Come on City.<br /><br />-- Wed May 05, 2010 10:58 am --<br /><br />
inbetween said:
I think its almost guaranteed they'll be playing defensively 4-5-1. Redknapp only needs a draw they'd rather go home with a point then risking everything. They only need to beat Burnley if they get a draw or else they'll end up having to rely on West Ham, who are safe and have nothing to play and not to mention have been quite frankly, shit. They'll be sat deep and soaking everything up tomorrow, its really going to be a very very frustrating game.
You obviously don't realise that Spuds have no idea how to park the bus and play defensively. It's simply not their style. If they try doing so, Bent Arry knows they would lose. My guess is that it will be a cracking open game decided by whichever team has the best finishers on the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.