CITY v Spuds - Official Match Thread

lot of shite posted on here . the bottom line is we dropped points we shouldnt of under mh and we dropped points we shouldnt of under rm.
we had a great chance tonight but our big players didnt do it tevez bellers and addy were shite bringing rsc on is like giving the opposition a man advantige . we just werent good enough to get that 4th place we need to get rid of some of the dead wood and theres a lot of that and push on next season. if thats with rm or not or with tevez or not we will just have to see

ctid

spanish blue said:
AMP said:
THIS!!!

you know what. i've loved city through the all the shit, and even though i check this forum out every-fuckin-day, I don't post, but am always there, can't believe some of the negative f***in things said, whatever happens, i'll love em to my dying breath
i'm not here for glory, i'm not here cause i wanna see every twat in town wearing a blue shirt, i'm here cause i love em, in SPITE of everything, I F**IN' LOVE EM

we've finished 5th, not 17th not 15th 5TH!!!,
we're challenging the top 4, honestly who the hell thought that was gonna happen 2 years ago/

yes i'm pissed off, all throughout i was doing the same chant i imagine most were doing

"please, please, city, please, this time don't fuck it up"

we did we fucked up, we got 5th

fuckin 5th!!!!!

CTID

sorry end of lil rant

but still love all of ya!!!!
well said i am sick off the crap that comes out of some people on here, like you, i dont post much, but for crying outloud people we have finished 5th and if there is one thing i know we will do far better in the europa league than spuds will in the champs league, be patient rome was not built in a day step back and look at what we have done this season beat chelsea twice the arse how many times, stood toe to toe with the scum and the dippers the future is bright THE FUTURE IS BLUE. rant over.

lot of shite posted on here . the bottom line is we dropped points we shouldnt of under mh and we dropped points we shouldnt of under rm.
we had a great chance tonight but our big players didnt do it tevez bellers and addy were shite bringing rsc on is like giving the opposition a man advantige . we just werent good enough to get that 4th place we need to get rid of some of the dead wood and theres a lot of that and push on next season. if thats with rm or not or with tevez or not we will just have to see

y'know what, yup maybe our players didn't perform, some started well, didn't carry it on through,but isn't it kinda cool that now we do have big, world class players,
again 2 years ago we would never have been linked to half the palyers we're linked with now
we've come miles in such a short time, and i'm f**in positive we're gonna go all the way
and whateve the feeling is around here, i bloody hope we keep RM, cause i'd hate to be one of those clubs that dismiss their manager evry season, when things don't go right

again my opinion, but lets build rather than tear apart

Some people on here are truly shocking!

First thing's frist. Bellemy off for Santa Cruz. I'm not a Santa Cruz fan at all, the only reason he's here is because Mark Hughes got high on the cash and spent on silly players without thinking. However Bellemy has always has knee problems, he struggles with more than 1 game in a week, not to mention the knock he took early in the game.

Mancini is a great manager, his track record shows this. He won Serie A with Inter many times. Just because you want someone to blame don't start pointing fingers at the manager. His feet aren't on the pitch. It was the players who didn't deliver the goods.

In my opinion, we can get replacement players for Ade (Ade being a strong sub), Bridge, Vieira, Santa Cruz, Sylvinho, Ireland, and a few others i can't think of at the moment.

It could be worse, you could be this lad: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1132137_city_fans_champions_league_tattoo__for_2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... __for_2011</a>

Tonight just re-emphasised our need for a top midfielder who is a threat through the middle. De Jong and Barry offer fuck all in the attacking sense. We need a player who is good at defending AND attacking in the middle of the pitch.

im so disappointed :(
Tevez is a fighter, he almost won the game for us all by himself.
we have to sign some good midfielders this summer, we have no flair, tevez had to come back and create stuff. we need gorceuff

Improvement of CITY for last 4 years.

league table 2005/2006

1 Chelsea
2006-07 UEFA Champions League Group stage
2 Manchester United
2006-07 UEFA Champions League Group stage
3 Liverpool
2006-07 UEFA Champions LeagueThird qualifying round
4 Arsenal
2006-07 UEFA Champions LeagueThird qualifying round

5 Tottenham Hotspur
UEFA Cup 2006–07 First round
6 Blackburn Rovers
7 Newcastle United
2006 UEFA Intertoto Cup Third round

8 Bolton Wanderers

9 West Ham United

10 Wigan Athletic
11 Everton
12 Fulham
13 Charlton Athletic
14 Middlesbrough
15 Manchester City
16 Aston Villa
17 Portsmouth
18 Birmingham City
19 West Bromwich Albion
20 Sunderland

2006/2007
1 Manchester United
2007–08 UEFA Champions League Group stage
2 Chelsea
2007–08 UEFA Champions League Group stage
3 Liverpool
2007-08 UEFA Champions League Third qualifying round
4 Arsenal
2007-08 UEFA Champions League Third qualifying round

5 Tottenham Hotspur
UEFA Cup 2007–08 First round1
6 Everton
UEFA Cup 2007–08 First round
7 Bolton Wanderers
UEFA Cup 2007–08 First round

8 Reading
9 Portsmouth

10 Blackburn Rovers
2007 UEFA Intertoto Cup Third round

11 Aston Villa
12 Middlesbrough
13 Newcastle United
14 Manchester City
15 West Ham United
16 Fulham
17 Wigan Athletic
18 Sheffield United
19 Charlton Athletic
20 Watford

2007/2008

1 Manchester United (C)
2008–09 UEFA Champions League Group stage
2 Chelsea
2008–09 UEFA Champions League Group stage
3 Arsenal
2008–09 UEFA Champions League Third qualifying round
4 Liverpool
2008–09 UEFA Champions League Third qualifying round

5 Everton
2008–09 UEFA Cup First round
6 Aston Villa
2008 UEFA Intertoto Cup Third round

7 Blackburn Rovers

8 Portsmouth
2008–09 UEFA Cup First round
9 Manchester City 2008–09 UEFA Cup First qualifying round (fair play)

10 West Ham United

11 Tottenham Hotspur
2008–09 UEFA Cup First round 3

12 Newcastle United
13 Middlesbrough
14 Wigan Athletic
15 Sunderland
16 Bolton Wanderers
17 Fulham
18 Reading (R)
19 Birmingham City (R)
20 Derby County (R)

League table2008/2009

1 Manchester United (C)
2009–10 UEFA Champions League Group stage
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Arsenal
2009–10 UEFA Champions League Play-off round

5 Everton
2009–10 UEFA Europa League Play-off round
6 Aston Villa
2009–10 UEFA Europa League Play-off round
7 Fulham
2009–10 UEFA Europa League Third qualifying round

8 Tottenham Hotspur
9 West Ham United
10 Manchester City
11 Wigan Athletic
12 Stoke City
13 Bolton Wanderers
14 Portsmouth
15 Blackburn Rovers
16 Sunderland
17 Hull City
18 Newcastle United (R)
19 Middlesbrough (R)
20 West Bromwich Albion (R)

Source: Barclays Premier League

i don't think we had a particular game plan. we neither went for the win, nor the draw. once we didn't score in the first 15minutes (which we completely dominated), we seemed to run out of ideas and our heads went down a little. i think we just about won the first half, without really having many opportunities.

barry going off was a bit of a blow. not because he was playing great or anything, more because it disrupted the team ... wethe rit was because they didn't have the same confidence in vieira as they had in barry, but we looked shaken and never really recovered our composure after that.

not sure what was going on with bellamy and adebayor - but both of them played a peripheral (sic) role in the game, second half specifically.

kompany, dejong, and AJ were my top three, though AJ did tire as the game went on. it was great seeing him send in three or four crosses with his right foot though! good work!

it was so frustrating watching adebayor though - every single ball that was played up to him he would always jump too early for it! he might have won one, all the rest he was back on the ground as the ball just arrived.

bridge didn't have his best game for us - always looked tentative and it always looked like lennon could get the better of him.

i thought fulop did great - he can be proud of his performance.

i think spurs deserved to win - they always looked the more dangerous (even though modirc, lennon, and defoe were all fairly quiet).

SWP and SantaCruz didn't do much when they came on - i think SantaCRuz should probably have been brought earlier, while he was on he made more of an effort than Ade.

disappointed yeah, but we didn't lose 4th from last nite's match - it was the other matches during the season where we dropped points.

live and learn.

to be quite honest, i'm glad this one-off match is over - there was too much talk and talk and talk - let's get on with things - planning for next season, reflecting on what has been an incredible season, setting new targets, signing new players - without this fevered media focus.

CTID.

Absolutley gutted lookin back tbh. But we fucked up 1 game, we've have had an unbelievable season and i would of took it at the start of the season. Yeh we were close but this happens in footy. I'm still lookin forward to seeing the roma's, the ajax's and the juventus's coming playing against and coming to to city. We actually stand a better chance in the europa league with the squad we have now than we did last time, plus i just generally think it won't be as difficult as the champions league would of been. The futures bright everyone, the bluemoon is rising!
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.