City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Dzeko was awful. He's never been good -just ok overall. Time for him to go. We need another striker of Augero's caliber. Negredo seems to have gone totally off the ball (no pun intended) and Jovetic is turning into a sick note. Should have brought Milner on today- hope he is staying -good all rounder and we need to keep some English players.

That was a very limp and uninspiring performance. We burst into life the odd time in the game but for most of the rest of the time we were struggling to get anything going. Mainly, in my opinion, due to a complete lack of movement too often. There was nowhere near enough effort to find space to be passed the ball in and therefore the man with the ball had far too few options.

Even so we missed two absolute sitters to go 2-0 up and the game would have been all over but as it was we missed them and even in the last minutes, when we should have just been keeping the ball, we made some very odd decisions and gave the ball away for fun but luckily Stoke were fucking woeful and didn't punish us.

Rammy Blue said:
moomba said:
Rammy Blue said:
Please tell me the bitter clueless one didn't say that in the after match presser?

Apparently so.

What a twat.

Will defend Adam , Shawcross , Huth and others to the hilt for much worse unless they were playing against one of his sides.

Same old Leslie , lucky that Fulham , Sunderland and Cardiff have hit the skids.

This was a typical match where a team comes to park the bus and catch us on the break or with set pieces. We dominated possession and had a lot of chances on goal. With a bit more composure in the box that could have been 4-0 and there wouldn't be so much moaning.

I'm worried about Negredo though. He seems a shadow of his earlier season self. I know he's had that shoulder knock but if it's still bothering him, we should have started with Jovetic and Dzeko

Stoke are pretty good at playing that negative frustrating football. The atmosphere in the ground was poor. No one was up for it. It was almost as if we'd played Barcelona in the Champions League a few days earlier.

We continued to pass and we did make chances. The first half hour was the most boring football I've sat through.

Well done Yaya, we could look back on that as a defining moment. Lets hope so.

I'll say this quietly: I'm starting to like Garcia.
Nasri is class, Silva's work rate and skill is astounding.

And now to Dzeko. Everything he does is slightly wrong. He passes the ball, and plays it just a bit too long. He tries to control the ball and it bounces just beyond him. If there is a high ball, his challenge is just a bit half-hearted. The only thing he does convincingly is convincing me that he really can't be arsed. The sooner he goes, the better.

But.... a fantastic win. I couldn't be feeling more satisfied with that win in very difficult circumstances. Well done City. Off to Wembley.

AliWaheed said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Begbie said:
but when every day is a bad day you dont accept it any more

I guess you were out of the country without access to TV or video and missed all of January and most of December. Still, if you ignore all the good games, then yes, every day is a bad day.
which country is that? Cali-for-ni-a ? to be fair to this dude, Dzeko has been shit for a long long time. He scores the odd important goal for us but I think a lot of other strikers would have.

If he'd been in the "country" of California, he'd have had access to more live games on TV than in the UK, so he might have been able to make a better assessment.

BTW I have no objection to posters having strong opinions about a player's performance in individual games, even if I disagree, but ignoring a bunch of contradictory evidence from previous games in order to justify a conclusive statement is behavior I'd expect from a tabloid journalist, not a Bluemooner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.