City v Stoke Post Match Thread

cityboy2602 said:
This was a typical match where a team comes to park the bus and catch us on the break or with set pieces. We dominated possession and had a lot of chances on goal. With a bit more composure in the box that could have been 4-0 and there wouldn't be so much moaning.

I'm worried about Negredo though. He seems a shadow of his earlier season self. I know he's had that shoulder knock but if it's still bothering him, we should have started with Jovetic and Dzeko

But JOVETIC again would have got injured possibly during the warm up! Joke like STOKE. 3points in the bag:)

Ducado said:
Just home, 2nd half was better after the mid week game it was a good performance worst turn out of stoke fans I have seen

Apparently the Stoke fans were still at home trying to figure out how to fit their 6 fingers in their gloves.

Not anywhere near our best but it should have been a bit more comfortable in the end and a win is a win.

Home or away these types of wins are what keeps you in the hunt come seasons end.

We deserved the three points and got them , thats all that matters.

We will have to grind out a few more if we are to win the title this season.

The goal fests at home will be few and far between from now on this season.

There's been a City player who's been a fans' scapegoat for as long as i can remember. There used to be only one per season, now with Demichellis and Dzeko theer's two. Is this what fame and fortune bring?

CaliforniaBlue said:
AliWaheed said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
I guess you were out of the country without access to TV or video and missed all of January and most of December. Still, if you ignore all the good games, then yes, every day is a bad day.
which country is that? Cali-for-ni-a ? to be fair to this dude, Dzeko has been shit for a long long time. He scores the odd important goal for us but I think a lot of other strikers would have.

If he'd been in the "country" of California, he'd have had access to more live games on TV than in the UK, so he might have been able to make a better assessment.

BTW I have no objection to posters having strong opinions about a player's performance in individual games, even if I disagree, but ignoring a bunch of contradictory evidence from previous games in order to justify a conclusive statement is behavior I'd expect from a tabloid journalist, not a Bluemooner.
see my answering post...

A tale of two halves,far better second could have had at least 4 or 5,but 3 points is all that matters...oh and was dzeko's miss in the top 5 of all time cock ups of misses....

Crowd was flat, they played with 11 behind the ball and big Crouchy up top to knock it long too. Add in the Barca midweek game factor and you can understand why we made heavy weather of it. Just wish people at the stadium would be more patient. Navas and Garcia come on and their first touch is a poor one greeted by collective groans from around the ground.
Should have been 2-0 if Dzeko had not fluffed that sitter but we could have had more really. Bad news for Jovetic. Negredo fast becoming the invisible man. If Aguero not fit as seems certain who do we go with up front ? Neither Dzeko nor Negredo look like scoring atm and Jovetic probably won't be fit.

I cannot tell you how much I hate this clown of a club,Stoke.I actually hate them with a real vengeance and they are very close to that other so called Mancunian Club when it comes to venting my anger.
If they played at the bottom of our garden,I wouldn`t open the fooking curtains to watch `em.
Hate is a bad word I know.Unfortunately when it comes to Stoke City Football Club,its a word that fits nicely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.