City v Stoke Post Match Thread

We got the three points which is all that matters today. BUT FFS Dzeko has got to go! Sorry to put the lad down, but I've always had my doubts. I've just had enough now and I am ready to speak out! The guy is totally out of his depth a this level and it's now embarrassing for us and for him His touch is a joke, his awareness non-existent, and unless Aguero gets back soon we have no chance of the Prem this season if we have to rely on him alone. He is now my fourth choice striker, and I think he would struggle to get in most Prem teams - enough is enough!!!!!

Motd. Alan Hansen on city's recent 'wobble' Chelsea beat us, we drew with Norwich, and BARCA HAMMERED US????

bacuzzi said:
I was a little confused by Stoke's tactics after going behind. 20 minutes to save the game and they carry on defending.

We really won that match without breaking sweat and it was ideal for us to have one of our off days against such opposition.

It really was quite dull to watch. A few round us nearly gave themselves coronary attacks moaning at Dzeko. Still can't work out what went wrong with the tap in even after watching the GIF!
What a lethargic and pointless analysis of the game.

aidyblu76 said:
Motd. Alan Hansen on city's recent 'wobble' Chelsea beat us, we drew with Norwich, and BARCA HAMMERED US????

if the dinosaur had even played in the premier league era his boring scouse opinion might even mean summat

but it doesn't

Clevers said:
Hughes felt Stoke were unfairly prevented from testing Hart more often and said: "There were a couple of occasions where I thought - call it professional or cynical - we had good opportunities that were stopped because of my players getting taken out.

"I thought there was a situation - about three or four - when Stoke City players were taken out quite cynically and (that) stopped good situations.

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/hughes-irritated-cynical-city#tP75U3aGJ3DCIAg5.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/hugh ... 3DCIAg5.99</a>

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/hughes-irritated-cynical-city

Glad we showed some steel.

I think Hughes is onto something here you know. Our players did obstruct theirs on a couple of occasions. Now, if only there was some way of punishing this, say with some sort of move whereby the ball is placed dead and the aggrieved team is allowed to cross, pass or shoot this ball unopposed. Could call it a free-kick or something like that. I know it sounds stupid, but really, Hughes does have every right to be upset over this and we really need to implement a system that punishes professional and, above all, cynical fouls.

Now, hold onto your hats, we could even introduce a sort of card system to coincide with this punishment...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.