City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Dribble said:
Dzekos Smile said:
citytill1die84 said:
Dzekos Smile = rag

Oh really...
Dzeko smiles does he? I always thought he was grimacing from acute wind.

For what it's worth I thought today's match was reminiscent of many last season where we struggled to break down stubborn and resistant opposition. TBH, my heart sank when I saw the team sheet and Dzeko was paired with Negredo. In view of the majority opinion on that pairing, I think all that needs to be said has been. I saw a stat that suggested that Dzeko suffers less as a result of being paired with Negredo than Negredo does and if today doesn't prove that point, I don't know what will. When it really effects us is when Dzeko returns to his static worst as both our strikers are then negated.

Today was an ideal opportunity to see Negredo, Jovetic, Nasri and Silva start and I think this was an opportunity missed albeit we saw it briedly in the 2nd half which coincided with us turning our dominance into clear cut chances.

I was gutted when Jovetic had to go off but I believe the significant turning point for us was the removal of Negredo. I would have preferred to see Dzeko go, but at least with one striker being removed it meant Yaya could move further forward and it's this that resulted in our solitary goal.

We've had 2 massive matches in the space of 7 days which have taken their toll, but at least unlike Barca who also looked jaded tonight and lost 3-1, we got the victory. Pellegrini's substitutions turned a certain draw into a victory but he made life difficult for us in the first place by selecting Dzeko & Negredo to start which clearly doesn't work.

Anyway, we get a week off and hopefully it will give the players time to recuperate and for the walking wounded time to heal in time for Wembley. We shouldn't underestimate Sunderland and hopefully we won't have to endure seeing Dzeko and Negredo start again as its clearly obvious we have better and more effective options.

All said and done a win is a win and that's what counts at the business end of the season.

Very good post.

Dribble said:
Dzekos Smile said:
citytill1die84 said:
Dzekos Smile = rag

Oh really...

For what it's worth I thought today's match was reminiscent of many last season where we struggled to break down stubborn and resistant opposition. TBH, my heart sank when I saw the team sheet and Dzeko was paired with Negredo. In view of the majority opinion on that pairing, I think all that needs to be said has been. I saw a stat that suggested that Dzeko suffers less as a result of being paired with Negredo than Negredo does and if today doesn't prove that point, I don't know what will. When it really effects us is when Dzeko returns to his static worst as both our strikers are then negated.

Today was an ideal opportunity to see Negredo, Jovetic, Nasri and Silva start and I think this was an opportunity missed albeit we saw it briedly in the 2nd half which coincided with us turning our dominance into clear cut chances.

I was gutted when Jovetic had to go off but I believe the significant turning point for us was the removal of Negredo. I would have preferred to see Dzeko go, but at least with one striker being removed it meant Yaya could move further forward and it's this that resulted in our solitary goal.

We've had 2 massive matches in the space of 7 days which have taken their toll, but at least unlike Barca who also looked jaded tonight and lost 3-1, we got the victory. Pellegrini's substitutions turned a certain draw into a victory but he made life difficult for us in the first place by selecting Dzeko & Negredo to start which clearly doesn't work.

Anyway, we get a week off and hopefully it will give the players time to recuperate and for the walking wounded time to heal in time for Wembley. We shouldn't underestimate Sunderland and hopefully we won't have to endure seeing Dzeko and Negredo start again as its clearly obvious we have better and more effective options.

All said and done a win is a win and that's what counts at the business end of the season.
A lot of valid points there. Although Dzeko/Negredo clearly didn't work today, it has been pretty effective in some games. It seems like they do okay in the more open games, but are a recipe for disaster if our opponents decide to park it.

de niro said:
Champions2012! said:
andrewmswift said:
why the fuck did we play an extra minute?

Foy

he's always been a cheating ****.
Bit unfair to blame Foy when Yaya was lying on his back after getting elbowed in the stomach by Adam. Having said that I don't rate Foy.

MOTD 720p >> <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=297943" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=297943</a>

CaliforniaBlue said:
Dribble said:
Dzekos Smile said:
Oh really...

A lot of valid points there. Although Dzeko/Negredo clearly didn't work today, it has been pretty effective in some games. It seems like they do okay in the more open games, but are a recipe for disaster if our opponents decide to park it.
I'm not a coach but I would have played Navas instead of one of the strikers. We needed to hit the byline and get crosses into the box. It almost worked but Edin thought he was playing in defence instead of putting the ball in the net.

TCIB said:
MOTD 720p >> <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=297943" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=297943</a>

Nice one fuckface. What are you still doing up, or have you just rose from your pit ?

stony said:
TCIB said:

Nice one fuckface. What are you still doing up, or have you just rose from your pit ?

Totally fucked up my sleep pattern, woke at 12 xD

Gonna have a read over the in match thread for a laugh now.

TCIB said:
stony said:
TCIB said:

Totally fucked up my sleep pattern, woke at 12 xD

Gonna have a read over the in match thread for a laugh now.

Read your pm's first. I hate seeing them in my outbox.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.