City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Well after that shit result today,my weekend had the turd put on top of it with Mayo losing the all Ireland semi final........I shall now spend what is left of the weekend under a blanket shouting "it's not fair"......on a more serious note,shock results like today happen throughout the season,so no need to panic,there is a shock result or results waiting around the corner for Chelsea,arsenal,etc,etc...........chin up fellow blues :)

NoahCity said:
FantasyIreland said:
NoahCity said:
We're lacking a dynamic, direct winger. Someone who will run at people and make things happen, like Hazard or Di Maria. Marco Reus should be our next priority.

Yep

Chelsea have Hazard
Arse have Sanchez
Dippers have Sterling
Rags have Di Maria
We have......Navas??
exactly, probably the biggest weakness in our squad right now.

Oh yeah, shite squad isn't it?

Well Wisher said:
cookster said:
Strange response from Manuel
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9449043?

Knew what to expect but did little to counter it?

"We started with the most creative players that we have in the team - with Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Jovetic and Aguero." I think that's where he expressed how he intended to counter it.

Same system and similar players last time.
Manchester City:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho (Navas 62mins), Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Dzeko, Negredo (Jovetic 56mins) (Garcia 68mins)

We seem to have difficulties with Stoke and Sunderland but never change the system.

sam-caddick said:
I think our need for pace up front could haunt us a bit this season, we need a Marco Reus is our team

If Tiki Taka style football is failing, pace usually gets you out of the mess and we don't have that apart from Navas.

Several mates and me have said the same since Bellamy left yet we've won the league twice!!!! Still think we need that player for games like this and a better tempo too.
Personally I always like Johnson who did a lot of good work off the bench and I 'be always thought Sinclair is a good player given the chance. Of course he's not as good as Silva, YaYa etc but not many are - all you need is to have someone a bit different off the bench when needed

Googoo said:
sam-caddick said:
I think our need for pace up front could haunt us a bit this season, we need a Marco Reus is our team

If Tiki Taka style football is failing, pace usually gets you out of the mess and we don't have that apart from Navas.

Several mates and me have said the same since Bellamy left yet we've won the league twice!!!! Still think we need that player for games like this and a better tempo too.
Personally I always like Johnson who did a lot of good work off the bench and I 'be always thought Sinclair is a good player given the chance. Of course he's not as good as Silva, YaYa etc but not many are - all you need is to have someone a bit different off the bench when needed

Nail on head, we don't have an impact player who can dribble past players, draw fouls around the box, win penalties.

Exactly what Johnson was good at!

BobKowalski said:
chaddblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's how I see it, more or less. Our creative players (silva, jovetic and yaya) all played poorly, nothing ran for us, we conceded a shocking goal in their only attack. It happens every now and again. Nothing to worry about.

Agree that days like that happen now and again. But don't agree there's nothing to worry about cos I doubt the team that wins the league this year can afford more than 1 of those days (and possibly none at all)

I suspect we can afford fewer of these days than last year because Chelsea and Mourinho will not let up this season. We all know it's between us and them for the title and the one that wants it most will win it. We still have the better squad but it's a lot closer than last year so collectively we need to be at it pretty much every game. If we ain't then we finish second. Pretty simple really.

My fear is that the bar has been raised this season because Mourinho will have Chelsea well up for it. The players need to realise that performances like todays will cost us this season in a way that they didn't last season. Very disappointing that they appear to have needed a wake up call in the shape of an unexpected defeat for that particular penny to drop.

Just in from the game, needless to say not in a great mood.

Few people in the pub after the game were saying it was a clear penalty on Yaya and it looked like it from where I was sitting but not a clear 100% view of it.

Anyone confirm if it was a pen or not ?

The goal looked soft as shit through Joes legs and also looked like we didn't have a plan B, C or D !?!?

Moorsey 2002 said:
Just in from the game, needless to say not in a great mood.

Few people in the pub after the game were saying it was a clear penalty on Yaya and it looked like it from where I was sitting but not a clear 100% view of it.

Anyone confirm if it was a pen or not ?

The goal looked soft as shit through Joes legs and also looked like we didn't have a plan B, C or D !?!?

Difficult to tell tbh. The goal certainly was soft.

TGR said:
A bad day at the office. It happens.
There will be many, many more good days.

That's about right, Stoke are bit of bogey team like Sunderland and Everton.

We are superb against teams that play modern football, but old fashioned anti-football throws spanners in our works.

onwards

#hughesout

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.