City v Stoke (Semi-final FA Youth cup 2nd leg)

Not a great performance, but it didn't need to be. Solid and competent. Been a very tough year for Davenport. Injuries left right and centre and when he's been fit he's been played at LB, which he clearly isn't.

Hello all. Chelsea fan.

Seeing your lads again tonight, it looks likely to be another good encounter in the final.

I read the comment about an apparent age difference between the City & Chelsea sides a couple of weeks ago in this thread, so I checked. I compared the the two first-leg line ups and found that City's average age in the home game with Stoke was 26 days younger than Chelsea's average age in the away leg against Spurs. (17.72 years vs 17.79 years as at today.)

There is a difference but maybe it's not a particularly significant one.

Should be a good even game then.

Some real prospects in this group.

It'll be a success if only two of them become established in the first team because the next year groups are all reputedly better at the same age.

Interesting & very exciting.

I think I've heard people say Nmecha doesn't have a killer instinct but I think his goalscoring record through the years speaks for itself, he might be a former winger turned into a striker but he definitely knows his shooting angles and how to work the centrebacks. Very dynamic target man which is a quite rare breed these days.

Davenport had a rough time and I think you can excuse him for the night for playing out of position coming back from injury but so many misplaced passes for a defensive midfielder.

Dele-Bashiru is what you can describe as a raw talent, he has everything to make it but I think it will take a while for him to become efficient

Foden is so mature for a 16-year-old it's amazing to watch, if he doesn't make it into our first team we might as well shut down the academy.

Interesting to see how they progress over the next 2 - 3 years. Skill wise they look good but are not near level of some of our other loan players Unal Moreno Roberts Celina Zinchenko Maffeo . If we can incorporate the best of our current players into the 1st team in the near future and have the current youths joining in a few years it augurs very well.

Foden the standout for me and looks ready for first team football somewhere.

Nmecha probably won't make it at City I don't think but will have a decent career in the game.

Interesting to see how they progress over the next 2 - 3 years. Skill wise they look good but are not near level of some of our other loan players Unal Moreno Roberts Celina Zinchenko Maffeo . If we can incorporate the best of our current players into the 1st team in the near future and have the current youths joining in a few years it augurs very well.

They're also 2/3 years younger than most listed there, so it's an unfair comparison. Plus that was only an average performance for them cos they were 6-0 up already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.