City v Stoke (Semi-final FA Youth cup 2nd leg)

Didn't hear too much about Ed Francis but his pass for the first goal was sublime. In fact he does that pretty regularly, if he develops physically, he will be exactly the player Pep wants. I'm honestly not too impressed by Stones, his passing isn't as great as some people make it out to be.

I think exactly the same about Ed. In terms of composure, ball control, vision, etc, he has everything you need to play in a Pep defence.

However, he's a little bit on the slower side and isn't huge for a CB (I await the Mascherano shouts...). If he keeps maturing physically and gets some sprinting training done then we could have one hell of a player.

foden was the standout. so good technically, he plays more like a spanish player. if he doesnt make it i dont think any of them will. francis impressed me swell that ball for the first goal was quality.

Hello all. Chelsea fan.

Seeing your lads again tonight, it looks likely to be another good encounter in the final.

I read the comment about an apparent age difference between the City & Chelsea sides a couple of weeks ago in this thread, so I checked. I compared the the two first-leg line ups and found that City's average age in the home game with Stoke was 26 days younger than Chelsea's average age in the away leg against Spurs. (17.72 years vs 17.79 years as at today.)

There is a difference but maybe it's not a particularly significant one.

Maybe there's others better qualified to address the age issue on here, but there is a policy this year to play our underage teams up an age group.
In the league our 18's have played up at U23 level and UEFA U19's. The 16's have been promoted to U18's.
In the Youth cup I think we have a mixture of both teams so the age profile is probably closer alright.

I think generally over the past two seasons we've seemed to be much less physically developed than the Chelsea teams we've met in the final.

I think the acid test of how this team are doing is playing Chelsea and I'm really looking forward to the final.
There is no doubt we have a very capable crop here but they will need to be collectively on their game to beat what is always a very strong Chelsea setup.

Very few mentions of Muric's ability. He looks a fine talent - excellent footwork, very good shot stopper, knows when to come out and seems to command his area well. He's also physically imposing. Although his kicking out of hand isn't the best. Not a big problem as that can be sorted out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.