City v Sunderland Post Match

pudge said:
Scouse Blue said:
Henkeman said:
Oh come on. How else would they show it other than alphabetical?

Alright then smart arse.

Tell me how it would finish if it was the last day of the season?

Not sure we would accept losing our title on allphabetical order.

Goals conceded maybe?
A one game play off, as everyone else has said.

Goals conceded is the exact same.

Sincere apologies Pudge. In my excitement, I did not realise I was responding to a "long time respected poster".

Is that a fact, it would go to a play off? What about the head to head results, if it vwas the end of the season?

Cheers.

Scouse.

Jack Wills said:
chicagoblues said:
Alphabetical order is a joke . Is it written on the FA's rule book?

How else can they show the table? It starts off alphabetical before any games are played and everyone is equal, so it stands to reason if two sides are equal it's shown in that order too.

The difference is, if it were to be identical after the final game of the season, we play a one-off game at a neutral ground (probably Wembley). So many games to go yet that's probably pretty irrelevant though.

Time to change our name to Best team in the land and all the world

Mediocre first half; wonderful second half.

With a bit of luck, we could have had a hatful today. Jimmy had three clear-cut chances and Frank had two more besides the one he scored.

Three great goals, but I particularly enjoyed Jovetić's. After his pass to Clichy, he sprinted towards the goal-line and was perfectly placed to slip it home.

Lamps' header was exquisitely placed; it had to be to beat Costel at his near-post.

And YaYa's was another fantastic strike from the big man.

Great day all-round.

Strange game that with some very interesting tactics by Poyet.
Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep (bus parked).
Wait for a mistake and then get forward quickly. None made, Mangala far to quick.
Nowhere enough shots, pace or heading capability by City to break the deadlock for 50 mins....
Then...
BANG. Goal of the season by YaYa - Certainly shot of the season.
Then...
Total change in tactics by Poyet. A high pressing game.
City quickly exploit it and score a great second with an exquisite give and go by Jovetic.
But far too many City players ( including Nasri. YaYa, Fernandinho, Demichelis & Zab) are still asleep and suddenly it's 2-2 with the "Curse of Returning City player". Sloppy defending at a corner (and not having a man on both posts is always suicidal in my book) and Jack makes it 2-1 and an awful attempt at a tackle by Zab from which Johnson scores a pen and we're rocking at 2-2.
But Sunderland fatally keep with the high press and City bring on Lampard to be a centre forward and it's 3-2 with a fantastic header.
Fortunately with everyone now up to pace we rip Sunderland to shreds but Pants makes great save after great save to keep Sunderland in it.
City had about 16 attempts in the last half hour but he kept us out time and time again or we rattled the woodwork or blazed it over.

An incredible game but just before YaYa's goal would you have thought that would have happened?

BlueAnorak said:
Very interesting tactics by Poyet.
Wait for a mistake and then get forward quickly. None made, Mangala far to quick.
Nowhere enough shots, pace or heading capability by City to break the deadlock for 50 mins....
Then...
BANG. Goal of the season by yaYa - Certainly shot of the season.
Then...
City exploit it and score a great second with an exquisite give and go by Jovetic.
But far too many City players ( including Nasri. YaYa, Fernandinho, Demichelis & Zab) are still asleep and suddenly it's 2-2 with the "Curse of Returning City player". Sloppy defending at a corner (and not having a man on both posts is always suicidal in my book) and Jack makes it 1-0 and an awful attempt at a tackle by Zab from which Johnson scores a pen we're rocking.
But Sunderland fatally keep with the high press and City bring on Lampard to be a centre forward and it's 3-2 with a fantastic header.
Fortunately with everyone now up to pace we rip Sunderland to shreds but Pants makes great save after great save to keep Sunderland in it.
City had about 16 attempts in the last half hour but Pants kept us out time and time again or we rattled the woodwork or blazed it over.

An incredible game but just before YaYa's goal would you have thought that would have happened?

I've just about recovered from watching the game. Great result I hope we are not going to make a habit of this going 2-0 up and then throwing it all away!!! Not sure my little heart can stand it, and it's going to put rammy back in the grave he's only just clambered out of!!

We'll be top at 5 O'clock!!!

BlueAnorak said:
Very interesting tactics by Poyet.
Then...
BANG. Goal of the season by yaYa - Certainly shot of the season.
Then...
City exploit it and score a great second with an exquisite give and go by Jovetic.
But far too many City players ( including Nasri. YaYa, Fernandinho, Demichelis & Zab) are still asleep and suddenly it's 2-2 with the "Curse of Returning City player". Sloppy defending at a corner (and not having a man on both posts is always suicidal in my book) and Jack makes it 1-0 and an awful attempt at a tackle by Zab from which Johnson scores a pen we're rocking.
City had about 16 attempts in the last half hour but Pants kept us out time and time again or we rattled the woodwork or blazed it over.

It was a combination of good keeping and extremely poor finishing particularly from Navas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.