City v Sunderland Post Match

wow just wow what a game this was excellent work from our players to be back after they make 2-2 in 5 mins...well done boys top of the league and happy days ahead of us

Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
Marvin said:
Sunderland were very very limited. Just dour and although they scored 2, they had almost zero attacking threat through open play.

We have played poorly in our last 2 games, and should be grateful that in a vulnerable period we had relatively easy fixtures.

We didn't play poorly throughout; we had one poor half and one that was affected badly by the weather.

At times today in the 2nd half we played some great football, as we also did from the 20th minute to the 45th against Burnley. I armchaired it today, and was thoroughly irritated by the commentators whining away about our lack of tempo and how lacklustre we were, without any acknowledgement of how it's virtually impossible to generate 'tempo' against a team that has 10 men within 12 yards of its own goal every time you get the ball, nor of the fact that for the 6th game in a row we didn't have a forward in the box to whip the odd cross into from out wide. All we could do was what we did - be patient, keep probing and wear them down, and we did that pretty damned well. 32 shots at goal and only Pants prevented us from racking up a good half dozen goals.

The only thing that concerned me again today was our defensive fragility. We aren't the biggest team in the world and our capacity for conceding needless free kicks, plus the occasional corner due to poor individual positional play, therefore drives me up the wall. Thought Mangler was good today though

The cheap free kicks drives me bonkers. We actually miss Dzeko when defending set pieces.

I do think that we could tighten up things when we go two ahead for a time in order to make sure that we do not allow a team back into it quickly. Concentrate on a good shape and maintianing possession and then go for the juggular. When Sunderland were attacking, there were some big spaces between our players, a stark contrast to the wall Sunderland had been throwing up but Sunderland can think themselves a tad fortunate not to have conceded far more: although Pants did well, we let them off the hook at times.

On the tempo thing, I do think we could have moved the ball a bit quicker laterally at times but it was very difficult to find gaps in their blockade.

chicagoblues said:
Alphabetical order is a joke . Is it written on the FA's rule book?

It's in the Premier League competition rules.

Subject to Rule C.17 (play off at end of season) if any 2 or more Clubs have scored the same number of points, have the same goal difference and have scored the same number of goals in League Matches in that Season they shall be deemed to occupy the same position in the table.

These next three games are huge.

Everton (A)
Arsenal (H)
Chelsea (A)

If we can win the first two (will be tough) and get a draw at Stamford Bridge we'll stand in good stead. Don't want to fall more than 3 behind Chelsea at any stage now.

Armaan said:

Everton (A)
Arsenal (H)
Chelsea (A)

If we can win the first two (will be tough) and get a draw at Stamford Bridge we'll stand in good stead. Don't want to fall more than 3 behind Chelsea at any stage now.

One game at a time.

I thought the Ref looked awful today - got many basic decisions wrong. His assistant in front of the CB was equally awful. Just watched the Tunnel Cam and the Assistants behaviour at half time looks baffling - seems to be having a go at Fern - how does officialdom in football attract such an odd bunch.

Armaan said:

Everton (A)
Arsenal (H)
Chelsea (A)

We will finish January top of the league, ahead on goal difference at a bare minimum.

I think the momentum is with us now in the title race, and Maureen's decision to not rotate is catching up with Chelsea as some of there players looked fucked today, especially there CBs who got the runaround from Kane

Good three points, but only three goals. Some amazing misses late in the game especially from Jimmy. Pants had a super game to spare the Black Cats blushes. Two of our substitutes could have had hat tricks. Showed a bit of character to get that third goal after another defensive melt down. Thought Navas had a very good game with some very dangerous crosses. Sergio would have really enjoyed that sort of service. Roll on Everton.

But yet another bunch of tossers officiating.

OK I am moaning again about MOTD. - At the end they showed the Table - Chelsea -1 City 2 Rags -3. - Lineker spouting that City and Chelsea
both have identical records - So why ffs didn't it show Chelsea and City equal no.1 - Chelsea 1= City 1=..... Rags -3
makes me sick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.