City v Sunderland Pre Match Thread (CoC Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stockport mackem said:
Have a great weekend to all you lot attending, or staying back in Manchester to watch it. There will be a lump in my throat, and something in my eye as my team walks out alongside yours in a cup final.
The atmosphere will be carnivalesque and family friendly, 22 years since we have been there, and it will be enjoyed whatever the result.
Always had a soft spot for City, from wanting you to win the 1981 cup final, to the superb treatment we got on the last day of 1991.
I ask just one thing, feel free to win, but if possible, could you avoid humiliating us....,,

Have a great and safe journey, maybe see you in the FA Cup

Best Wishes to all going to Wembley on Sunday (City and Sunderland fans), hope it will be a great atmosphere and game for all, but ultimately a City win and Vinnie lifting the cup just like Mike Doyle did 38 years ago..

Best wishes for Sunderland in the FA CUP v Hull.
Ideal Scenario Everton beat Arsenal, Sunderland beat Hull, City beat Wigan and in the semi-finals Sunderland beat Everton and we beat the winners of Sheff Utd v Charlton and it's City v Sunderland all over again in the FA Cup final in May.

City1974 said:
Stockport mackem said:
Have a great weekend to all you lot attending, or staying back in Manchester to watch it. There will be a lump in my throat, and something in my eye as my team walks out alongside yours in a cup final.
The atmosphere will be carnivalesque and family friendly, 22 years since we have been there, and it will be enjoyed whatever the result.
Always had a soft spot for City, from wanting you to win the 1981 cup final, to the superb treatment we got on the last day of 1991.
I ask just one thing, feel free to win, but if possible, could you avoid humiliating us....,,

Best Wishes to all going to Wembley on Sunday (City and Sunderland fans), hope it will be a great atmosphere and game for all, but ultimately a City win and Vinnie lifting the cup just like Mike Doyle did 38 years ago..

Ideal Scenario Everton beat Arsenal, Sunderland beat Hull, City beat Wigan and in the semi-finals Sunderland beat Everton and we beat the winners of Sheff Utd v Charlton and it's City v Sunderland all over again in the FA Cup final in May.

You think?

I'd be a lot more confident of beating Arsenal I would Everton

Maybe it's bad memories of Peter Walton

BringBackSwales said:
Dzainer said:
chris85mcfc said:
Fernandinho is as important to the way we play as Aguero is IMO. He presses the ball and closes the opposition quickly. If he doesn't play your left with Yaya and Garcia in midfield which will ensure the game is played at snails pace.

He doesn't need match fitness, he's a naturally fit footballer and played 90 minutes against Barca, I think the 60 minutes he played against Stoke was planned and all with the final in mind.

If he doesn't start id be astonished.

You don't seem to be reading, I'll repeat again, I do think he's a great player and played brilliantly before his injury, but those 90 minutes against barcelona wasn't nowhere near his standarts, so I suppose players who are at the best form at the moment should start, and Garcia is in the better form right now.

Ofcourse he may still come on top but I would keep him as a potential atacking option on the bench.

Fernandinho not to start? Please tell me you are joking
He wasn't watching the same Barca match I was watching, I thought Dinho was our best player over 90 mins by some distance, only Silva came close. He was poor against Stoke but a weeks rest will see him right. Dinho, Merlin and Yaya first 3 names on the team sheet for me.

City1974 said:
Stockport mackem said:

It's a deal as long as we can win 1 cup each. If I throw in league title for you as well we can shake on it now!

aguero93:20 said:
BringBackSwales said:
Dzainer said:
You don't seem to be reading, I'll repeat again, I do think he's a great player and played brilliantly before his injury, but those 90 minutes against barcelona wasn't nowhere near his standarts, so I suppose players who are at the best form at the moment should start, and Garcia is in the better form right now.

Ofcourse he may still come on top but I would keep him as a potential atacking option on the bench.

Fernandinho not to start? Please tell me you are joking
He wasn't watching the same Barca match I was watching, I thought Dinho was our best player over 90 mins by some distance, only Silva came close. He was poor against Stoke but a weeks rest will see him right. Dinho, Merlin and Yaya first 3 names on the team sheet for me.

This and this.

------------------------------------Pantillimon---------------------------------------

--Zabaleta----------Kompany-----------Lescott-------------Clichy----------

-------------------Fernandinhio---------Garcia-----------------------------------

---Nasri------------------------Toure---------------------------------Silva----------

-----------------------------------Aguero-----------------------------------------------

CARLOS CLASS said:
City1974 said:
Stockport mackem said:

It's a deal as long as we can win 1 cup each. If I throw in league title for you as well we can shake on it now!

Deal accepted if you can also guarantee us beating Man Utd at Old Trafford as part of the title package, oh and beating Barcelona 3-0 !

Watching the game on Tv @ Wembley

Anyone knows were my couple of friends who don't have tickets can watch the game @ Wembley.

City1974 said:
CARLOS CLASS said:
City1974 said:

Deal accepted if you can also guarantee us beating Man Utd at Old Trafford as part of the title package, oh and beating Barcelona 3-0 !
The 3-0 is negotiable, 3-1 would be fine as well.

aguero93:20 said:
City1974 said:
CARLOS CLASS said:

The 3-0 is negotiable, 3-1 would be fine as well.

Indeed 3-1 could be worked in as very agreeable.

What do you think Most City fans would deem as acceptable\a good season now from this point ?

Would simply finishing in the top 3 in the league (as 4th in the League means having to pre-qualify for the Champions League and thus always seems a strange guideline\aim and potentially precarious) be acceptable ?

or would a League Cup win + finishing in the top 3 in the league be OK ?

or would a League Cup win + FA Cup win + finishing in the top 3 in the league be needed for "success" to be seen as achieved by most City supporters

or would many be disappointed if we did not get at least a domestic Treble ?

or are there quite a number who would even still think only of winning 4 trophies being a success ?

Personally I would take any 1 trophy and a top 3 finish in the league, and after watching City lose to Wolves in the 1974 League Cup but then seeing City win a trophy for the first time in the League Cup Final in 1976, and with Mike Doyle being my personal favourite City player from my time supporting City (even edging out Franny Lee, Mike Summerbee and Colin Bell and players from the modern era - although Vinnie Kompany may get up there by the time his City career ends), I would personally want that trophy in fact to be the League Cup as it has been to long since 1976 for us, and would bring back good memories of Mike Doyle lifting the trophy with a City scarf around his neck and encouraging the then chairman Peter Swales to hold the Cup also. Also in 1976 of course, Man Utd lost to Southampton in the FA Cup which made that year even better of course (oh and there was a heatwave lthat summer too !).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.