City v Sunderland Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
xiempie said:
We had 2 great corners in a row against Southampton where Mangala or Kompany made a run towards the near post to extend the ball. I think they are really working on it (finally)

I've always wondered why our boys are so static at corners, it doesn't exactly give our corner taker something to aim for.. not a defence for how bad they usually are, mind.

We just waste our corners when you think of all the big lads we have.

Deadly in for Vinnie tomorrow, that's twice now Manuel has said how well he is playing. Probably shades Sagna in the air and we'll probably need his height with Fletcher, Altidore, Wickham and the big old rags from their back 4 coming up for a maul at set pieces.

George Hannah said:
Deadly in for Vinnie tomorrow, that's twice now Manuel has said how well he is playing. Probably shades Sagna in the air and we'll probably need his height with Fletcher, Altidore, Wickham and the big old rags from their back 4 coming up for a maul at set pieces.

I doubt that, Sagna is a beast in the air. At least it doesn't sound like they're too worried about Vinny's injury.

aguero93:20 said:
George Hannah said:

I doubt that, Sagna is a beast in the air. At least it doesn't sound like they're too worried about Vinny's injury.
I don't think Lewandowski would agree ;-)

J_Bow said:
xiempie said:
We had 2 great corners in a row against Southampton where Mangala or Kompany made a run towards the near post to extend the ball. I think they are really working on it (finally)

I've always wondered why our boys are so static at corners, it doesn't exactly give our corner taker something to aim for.. not a defence for how bad they usually are, mind.

We just waste our corners when you think of all the big lads we have.

I think we often waste free kicks in general. Against Barca last season and Bayern this time around there were opportunities to throw it in the box. Considering how well Real Madrid did against Bayern from set plays I would have been playing Big Sam style and putting it in the box. Instead we took a shorter pass and tried to pass around them. I think we need to be going a bit more direct, certainly in the CL when we have players like Kompany, Mangala, Yaya and co who are powerful in the air.

George Hannah said:
aguero93:20 said:
George Hannah said:

I don't think Lewandowski would agree ;-)

Probably not, maybe we could change his mind by planting an elbow into his ear as he tries to jump :)

Tbh this is one game that Vinny can sit out cos for me it will be like every game we have played against them for the last 4 years they will have Fletcher up on his own defend deep on there penalty area and pack there midfield and hope for a counter attack, if we lose this one 1/0 that's fucking it I'm ringing up Soriano

karen7 said:
Who is the ref?

I'm expecting nothing so 1 or 3pts will be a bonus lol

I think they're letting Diego Costa ref our match as he can't play for Chelsea this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.