City V Swans

A boring, largely uneventful first half but that does not matter- we are one up but need to get another in the second half to put this to bed. Swansea has played well. They have been organized, closed us down opportunistically and broke with pace and directness. They were also, as you would expect, very good at shifting the ball about.

As I said the key is to get the second goal and perhaps that will open them up a bit because it is difficult at the moment to break through even though we have dominated. The team needs to play with a bit more urgency and not dwell too much and the ball. Defense is always a concern but the key is to stay on the front foot and get that second goal in the second half and ultimately win the match obviously.

Pretty good in the end, despite a slow start. We're lucky they're not better at finishing though. Should be able to win this now they have to come out a bit.

He's better playing from instinct. When he has to think = short-circuit.

Valuable contributor all the same.
We have too many players that need the play to be instinctive, off the cuff, in my opinion. There needs to be more thought to our passing, more purpose to it, an intelligence. The best open play chances have come from Swansea.

Need better movement when the defenders have the ball, at the moment we're having to go side to side and eventually work down the flanks. Yaya and Fernandinho really need to move a bit more to open up passes through the middle if we're going to play at any real speed.

Not great, really.

Our passing going forward has been pretty average.

I'd stick Delph on. Need a bit more urgency in the middle!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.