City v The Big 4

Adebayor was unplayable a the Coms two seasons ago then the week after at Wigan he couldnt trap a bag of cement, but on the whole he is one of the top strikers in the premier league so its a thumbs up from me!

Most recent comments from Wenger re: Adebayor

I'm actually genuinely excited we could pull this off quickly and quietly with little fuss.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_5412874,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 74,00.html</a>

one of the most important facts is that Adebayor has done it already in the prem, people underestimate how difficult it is for a lot of players to adapt - ffs there are/were people calling for us to sign Forlan who couldn't hit a fooking barn door when at the scum.

even people like fabiano, eto'o and villa would have to adjust to living and playing in a new country and league.

Ade has to move 200 miles up north.

no brainer for me if we can get him.

let us not forget the OP's original point, whilst these transfers will undoubtably make us better we are also hurting all of our rivals at the top.

As an arsenal fan i find this pretty beleivable.We would sell at the right price and city will give us that.Adebayor's physically taylor made for the EPL.His finishing is a bit suspect and his workrate has gone down since his 80 k a week contract but the thing is i beleive unlike wenger hughes can sort out that laziness.And if he can do that he is worth every penny because he has the attributes to trouble any defender.He's tall,strong and fast.You will in all likelihood pay more as he comes from an EPL rival than in the case of eto'o but adebayor is 25.

Gooner89 said:
As an arsenal fan i find this pretty beleivable.We would sell at the right price and city will give us that.Adebayor's physically taylor made for the EPL.His finishing is a bit suspect and his workrate has gone down since his 80 k a week contract but the thing is i beleive unlike wenger hughes can sort out that laziness.And if he can do that he is worth every penny because he has the attributes to trouble any defender.He's tall,strong and fast.You will in all likelihood pay more as he comes from an EPL rival than in the case of eto'o but adebayor is 25.

Fair post with good points.

Gooner89 said:

cheers gooner, would 25m be enough ?.

Milan were due to be paying 25mil euros, about 22mil pounds, when they enquired.

Reckon he will cost us 25mil pounds.

Gooner89 said:

Good sensible first post.

Welcome to the board mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.