City v United |Carling Cup | 19th Jan |Match Day thread

Aussie!

Okay, this is going to be one hell of a match.

This time the game is on OUR turf.

Toure and Adebayor will still be absent in the African Cup of Nations (they could be gone up until 31st January if they respectively make it to the finals)

Mancini: I think he has passed one of the indicators of his credibility of his City career by keeping all his games with clean sheets/ and defeating lower tiered teams; something which Hughes did not achieve or at least consistently.

This game, i believe is his next test, beating a Top 4' team. If Mancini achieves this, then we will genuinely be competing for a top 4 spot, and perhaps even the title with Chelsea's and United's inconsistent results.

Edit: Toure and Ade might be back in time if they don't make it past group stages. both togo and I.C are in same group i'm led to believe

Re: City v United |Carling Cup | 6th Jan |Match Day thread

bob on aussie crazy results this season villa ans spuds no injuries and yet to have a shaky patch.
They are showing the urgency of players who know its 100 per cent of you are on the bech and it shows.
it was minus 10 here last night FFS wish i was in Sydney........... but not on the 6th COME ON CITY

....................Given....................
Zabaleta...Richards...Kompany...Garrido/Sylvinho

..................de Jong..................
.......Ireland..............Barry.........
Bellamy...........................Petrov
...................Tévez..................

Bench

Taylor,

Garrido/Sylvinho,
Academy,

SWP? or Academy,
Weiss,

Ball or other academy,
Robinho.

This is obviously the formaion we should stick with as both matches under Mancini have started 4-4-2 and when they change to 4-3-3 we start scoring and defending better.

I would be tempted to take a risk and start Robinho against the scum, especially in s Semi final, as I think that he would come alive in big matches like this, but it would be a big risk in playing him.

Robinho must be a bit pissed off, all these players injured and its Garrido getting match time!

To give credit to him though, he did come on last night and set up the icing on the cake goal...

Correct and agree with everything Aussie!
Especially about Mancini, he's settled in really well.

keemcfc said:

Bench

Taylor,

Garrido/Sylvinho,
Academy,

Ball or other academy,
Robinho.

This is obviously the formaion we should stick with as both matches under Mancini have started 4-4-2 and when they change to 4-3-3 we start scoring and defending better.

I would be tempted to take a risk and start Robinho against the scum, especially in s Semi final, as I think that he would come alive in big matches like this, but it would be a big risk in playing him.

Robinho must be a bit pissed off, all these players injured and its Garrido getting match time!

To give credit to him though, he did come on last night and set up the icing on the cake goal...

Did you watch the game against wolves we started with a 4-5-1 but then changed it to a 4-4-2 and won the game.

We ned a big striker up front with tevez so i would play

Given

Zabaleta Richards Kompany Garrido

Swp Ireland or barry De Jong Bellamy

Tevez Santa Cruz

greasedupdeafguy said:
keemcfc said:

Bench

Taylor,

Garrido/Sylvinho,
Academy,

Ball or other academy,
Robinho.

Did you watch the game against wolves we started with a 4-5-1 but then changed it to a 4-4-2 and won the game.

We ned a big striker up front with tevez so i would play

Given

Zabaleta Richards Kompany Garrido

Swp Ireland or barry De Jong Bellemy

Tevez Santa Cruz

Will RSC be fit? I thaught he was injured?

And its Bellamy lol.

We're at bare bones with injuries so the team pretty much picks itself. If we don't sign anyone, this is what it should look like, 442

shay

zabaleta
kompany
richards
garrido/sylvi

de jong
barry
bellamy
petrov

robinho
tevez

Project said:
We're at bare bones with injuries so the team pretty much picks itself. If we don't sign anyone, this is what it should look like, 442

YUP - I have a feeling SWP may be back though

whats the score with away goals, ie 0-0 at city , 1-1 at united , do we go through ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.