City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread (merged)

Re: City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread

I am so proud to be a blue today, proud of the team,the supporters,the manager and the club.

Thank you city, where you dragged that game from I will never know.

Proud of all the blue boys second half.

Does anyone know if Scholes served his ban after the semi?

Come on agent Bernstein, kick the cheating rag barstewards out!!

fantastic second half from city,have'nt heard a peep from any of my utd friends i cant understand why after all they did win...

City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread

http://offthebarviews.blogspot.com/

Ref Ruins Derby Contest

Referees, they are a selected few appointed to keep the game fair and just. Except most of the time they don't.

No far to often these days a referee will decide that they are bored of the anonymity and they decide that 'today is their day', yes today will be the day their name is finally in the press.

Today was that lucky day for one particular ref, Lancashire's own Chris Foy. Obviously being given the job of controlling the 162nd Manchester derby proved to tempting an opportunity to pass up for Mr Foy as he decided to take a decision which would certainly put his name in the tabloids.

The St Helen's man, no stranger to controversy (just ask the Spurs fans), ruined a tantalising game by wrongly dishing out a red to Belgian colossus Vincent Kompany. Despite the City captain taking possession of the ball he was given his marching orders by the referee which in turn led to his team collapsing to 3-0 down before half time.

Despite the obvious disadvantage of 10 men versus 12, the home side valiantly fought back to take the game to 3-2 thanks to a stunning free kick from Aleksander Kolarov which was dully followed up by some sublime skill from Sergio Aguero.

And most would agree that the blues were unfortunate to end the game without the replay they so richly deserved. A controversial penalty call from a Phil Jones handball being just one of their late and numerous chances.

Yet it wasn't to be, despite a superb performance from Aguero and a typical warrior like second half display from Pablo Zabaleta, City fans will be left to rue the controversial and numerous bad calls from the in the black.

Respect the referee?! They will get that when they respect the game.

We lost yet we won!! :)

We showed them with a weakened ten man team how good we are and they were hanging on for dear life.

The extra cup games are just not needed with the Europa League and Carling cup not to mention the title.

Also they had to drag Paul Scholes out of retirement for the sime reason they have no money to spend this transfer window.

I find it all quite comical to be honest, the ONLY negative today was Kompanys red card.

For the first time in my life I can hold my hand on my heart and say we are the best team in the country and better than United.

We were robbed and the fact that this can go on in football is amazing. Someone somewhere made a great deal of money today. There was no way we would have won that game even if it meant puncturing the ball Foy would have done it. I have never seen a more corrupt game in my life time and I wonder how the players must feel. Now I understand what Jose meant when he said "You are not allowed to beat certain teams." Everytime he faces Barcelona he ends up with 10 men.

United is the English Barcelona, not on skill or ability but they are protected as they make too much money. They have too many chinese, indian, japanese fans buying shirts and ruck sacks for them to be losing vital games. Three games lost in a row thats bad for business. This stinks all the way up to the FA and the fact that Mancini refused to talk to the ref clearly shows he is aware of what happened.

Fergie is some "Godfather" type character who can have his players talk to refs and a teams captain is sent off.

If we were full strength we win the game
If we were allowed to keep 11 men on the pitch we win the game
If the referee was not bent or incompetent or both, we win the game

As it turns out we almost held our own with ten men anyway even with the cards so obviously stacked against us. Just lost the derby and the main feeling I have is still one of pride.

A Carling Cup and League double should now be our absolute goal for the season. Today would have been a bonus but honestly I'm not that bothered.

We move on to our priorities. Next.

I have to say that was a great effort 2nd half and I came out feeling like we had won.
We could have had a penalty too but then theirs that wasn't given was the most blatant penalty I have ever seen. Great tactics 2nd half too
However, Mancini should have made a change the minute kompany was sent off. Taking one of our two midfield battlers and putting him at right back was a huge mistake. Those games with ten men are not games for Johnson and he should have gone off for zabaleta. That mistake cost us at least one goal.

The other one was playing that keeper and kolorov against Valencia. A complete mismatch.

If I was a Utd supporter I'd be worried how poor they were in the 2nd half, how they failed to remotely get close to finishing off a team they were 3 up and a man up on, how they failed to create a chance in the whole of the 2nd half, how Rooney embarassed himself by urging Foy to send off Kompany, how they were hanging on in the last 5 minutes against ten men and how ungracious baconface was in his post match interview - claiming it was only Utd's carelessness that allowed City back into the game. The old fool deludes himself as he is still labouring under the misapprehension that Utd are only one player away from sticking 4 past Barcelona in their next meeting. I can;t wait now for the league match in April as we will hump them if we keep 11 players on the park
Being a City fan I take great heart from an amazing 2nd half comeback and it almost feels like a moral victory. However, Kolarov, despite his great free kick was utter gash up til then and his 1st half performance was indicative of someone struggling with the pace of the English game.
Jesus, we almost snatched a replay after looking like we'd get humped 6-0 at half time which shows fantastic team spirit and depth of character. Nonetheless, Nasri continues to flatter to deceive and looks to be struggling under the weight of expectation.
Further plus points for City were the impressive performance of Savic when he came on, De Jong looked more comfortable in the 2nd half playing the role he did so well last season and the way we stopped them looking dangerous after the break.
Proud to be a blue today and now full of optimism for rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.