City v Villa - Police release CCTV images of 24 fans

I accept you are pointing out to bluemanchester that he is wrong, the police did go after the rag fans but..... one was a celebration of joy done in good humour. The other a copper got his face slashed. There is a huge difference
They were charged with different crimes, to be fair! Which is why none of our lot will be getting the dawn raid treatment.

My overall point is that the people pictured won't be the fans who went on the pitch, they'll have been people on the crossbars, people who chucked the flares, or the fella who brushed the Villa keeper. As far as I'm concerned they're small things and I don't give a shit, but I think if you chuck anything on the pitch you're asking for trouble.

I always have my scarf, autumn, winter, spring and summer! I need my ‘comfort blanket’ when we take a penalty or get near a goal or one of our players gets injured!!! One steward used to tell me off for chewing my scarf and the badges on it! :-)
So are you admitting it was you!!! Shall I phone them or will you do it ?

Well, quite! Why that bunch got dawn raids and charged for burglary, violent disorder and wounding with intent and the City fans will be charged with pretty basic Football Offences Act (probably).

Apart from those 10, what about the rest of them? Was 10 enough or was the number just rounded up The incidents began outside old Trafford, breaking into old Trafford, inside old Trafford, and outside old Trafford again. On a plus point, at least GMP have only issued pictures instead of doing dawn raids.

I don't want to see anyone get nicked (there's far more serious stuff plod should be dealing with) but, let's face it, destroying our own goalposts was a bit of a knob-head thing to do! Thought it showed us in a bad light. We're not the scousers!
Destroying the goalposts !!! Whilst celebrating they climbed onto a goal post, it broke due to the weight. They used to call it over exuberance, now its criminal damage.
oh and its not exactly the same as standing on top of a cop van whilst throwing rocks at a coach. How many were arrested again ?

And at the age of 50 start drawing your £40k a year pension. Wankers
seriously,they get that much ?
i worked with two young kids,in their 20's that joined up last year,i was stunned when i heard they had,i just couldn't see either of them,one a woman being coppers,both blues too.

Apart from those 10, what about the rest of them? Was 10 enough or was the number just rounded up The incidents began outside old Trafford, breaking into old Trafford, inside old Trafford, and outside old Trafford again. On a plus point, at least GMP have only issued pictures instead of doing dawn raids.
I think those 10 were just in that round of arrests. This is the latest news I can find, though as others have pointed out there are quite different crimes here (violent disorder, assault, burglary etc) so some went to crown court. Think most got three year bans.

They were charged with different crimes, to be fair! Which is why none of our lot will be getting the dawn raid treatment.

My overall point is that the people pictured won't be the fans who went on the pitch, they'll have been people on the crossbars, people who chucked the flares, or the fella who brushed the Villa keeper. As far as I'm concerned they're small things and I don't give a shit, but I think if you chuck anything on the pitch you're asking for trouble.

Without helping GMP, there are numerous pictures and videos of the crossbar being loved and hugged by loads of different City fans who aren’t in the pictures. GMP would have had to take out a full page in the MGMPEN if they wanted to catch everyone involved at somepoint with the goal, nets, and cross bar. It’s a limited box ticking deterrent. You’re either unlucky or lucky to have or not have your picture published today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.