City v Villa - post match

Sky Blue said:
Claytop said:
Anyone for debating what has happened to Yaya?

Can he just not be arsed this season?

Not arsed ?....the sweat pouring out of him 15 mins after the game tells me different.

Unfit then?

Shadow of the player from last year, still capable of quality moments as he has shown fleetingly.

Back four great, rest average. Thought City turned the corner last week, back to going through the motions tonight.

All we can do is keep churning out wins and see where it takes us.

Claytop said:

I think it's just that teams are content to sit back and play on the break - when the counter-attack comes, Yaya's stranded too far up the pitch.

His best contribution tonight was hitting the post - a bit of fancy footwork and a clever shot. He's a number 10. Added to the fact that he and Garcia are so slow, and it's taking us too long to get back in shape when we lose the ball.

Wardie said:
Back four great, rest average. Thought City turned the corner last week, back to going through the motions tonight.

Going thru the motions?

As average as we were I think the poor level Villa were at meant our lot never felt they really had to go full throttle to win it. We were still only two fingertip saves and the post away from a 3-0 so I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

Main thing is after an away game against relegation battlers we have maintained our gap over Spurs and we can now put the league to bed for 2 weeks and focus on what should be a great cup tie on Saturday.

Wardie said:

We could do a lot worse than that but give me a 1-0 win anyday.

For all the moaning and groaning of some 10, 1-0 wins from here in and we would match last years tally.

Claytop said:
Sky Blue said:
Claytop said:

Not arsed ?....the sweat pouring out of him 15 mins after the game tells me different.

Unfit then?

Shadow of the player from last year, still capable of quality moments as he has shown fleetingly.

Unfit because he is sweating like fuck after a hard fought win. Yeah, alright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.