City v Villa - post match

This was another game where we should have won comfortably, but in the end we did enough to win. But I can't understand the lack of urgency or push in our game. It seems like RM is coaching them to try to win SerieA, not the EPL. In the past I have criticized Kolo as slow, but have to admit he is covering well in Vinny's absence. Kolo and Nasty looked in control tonight. But what has Lescott done to upset RM? Hope Rodwell injury is not serious. Bringing on Edin Dzeko was a good move, and he played well, and changed the shape of the attack.

A visitor from another planet dropping in on this game would not have thought that one team was just off top spot and one was just off bottom spot, but Villa are fighting for survival. Still a win is a win. Twelve points behind with only ten games remaining is a mountain to climb, but not impossible. Onwards and upwards.

City played well, so did Villa. Some nerve nail biting moments the last 10 minutes. I thought Kolo,Nasty,Zabby played really well! Dzeko was strong on the ball and made some nice passes. He is much better than most people give him credit. Tevez had the usual good intensity, and Millner is a shining example of grit,determination and a never give up mentality! Looks like Mancini really sees his value. Sad to see Rodwell go down again. Was playing well and just hope he can slove his issues and come back strong the last few remaining games of the season. Hoping for the FA cup, and the league?? Well miracles can happen! Aguero!!!!!!

Take care Blues!

Marvin said:
We hit the woodwork twice, and scored. What did Villa do?

This is the run-in. Results first, performances are secondary. We were really good against Chelsea last week. I bet these critics weren't saying how well we played then

'Tevez :-(

That's the game lost'

Are you glad he played now??

Overall,a poor performance,typical of far too many - lethargic,uninspiring and no ruthlessness.

Kolo and Nasty were terrific,Milner also.Clichy was well below par and the rest somewhere in the middle...... I feel so sorry for Rodders,he is definitely a favourite of mine as he has energy,desire and drive which has often been missing this season - keep your chin up lad!

Ultimately,we do not look like Champions,its a concern.

The only way I can fathom any professional manager getting that shit of a performance out of that group of footballers is that he made them all drink a bottle of nite nurse before heading out the tunnel.

I honestly don't see how a starting XI that is expected to challenge for Champions League success is going ever make it out of the group stage. I know it was against Villa, but dear god that was THE WORST performance I've seen all season (lack of own goals aside). I think the manager and the players have given up already.

Pretty sure I saw Nasri falling asleep while he was wedge between Agbonlahor and Guzan during a corner.

George Hannah said:
cleavers said:
burnagelane said:
Villa could well have won this.
Hey lets not stretch the imagination too far, apart from the Tevez clearance they didn't have a shot on target.
well there was Kolo's last ditch interception of Gabby's header which looked goal bound.

And the penalty they were denied.

Far too close for comfort,really not good enough.

A good performance. Defensively we were outstanding and we dominated the shots on goal. Should've won 4-0 but for Guzan. Tonight we showed some fighting spirit and were going to need plenty of that when we go to Everton and spurs.

Dethred said:
The only way I can fathom any professional manager getting that shit of a performance out of that group of footballers is that he made them all drink a bottle of nite nurse before heading out the tunnel.

I honestly don't see how a starting XI that is expected to challenge for Champions League success is going ever make it out of the group stage. I know it was against Villa, but dear god that was THE WORST performance I've seen all season (lack of own goals aside). I think the manager and the players have given up already.

Pretty sure I saw Nasri falling asleep while he was wedge between Agbonlahor and Guzan during a corner.

Wtf? You taking the piss? Worst? Obviously missed Southampton game. Tonight was an impressive defensive display and we could've easily won 4-0 but fo Guzan. Check the stats mate!!

cleavers said:
We deserved the points, but that's about as far as it goes. Lacklustre performance.

Hart 6 - hope he didn't hurt his back sitting in that deckchair
Zaba 7 - not at his best but good
Kolo 8 - just about our best
Nastasic 8 - not far behind Kolo
Clichy 6 - not at his best either
Yaya 4 - wasteful
Garcia 4 - worst game in weeks
Milner 7 - worked hard all across the pitch
Rodwell - no mark not on long enough, hope its not serious
Silva 5 - better than Yaya and Garcia, but its not a compliment
Tevez 6 - worked hard

Dzeko 4 - 2 good passes, groaned almost every other time the ball went near him
Nasri - not on long enough, but did he touch the ball twice ?
Barry - not on long enough

If we aim to catch united they need to lose at least 3 games, great, but playing like that we won't win 10 more, or even 6 more. Defensively we are OK, but we're poor up front, and if Aguero is out for long we really will struggle, Guidetti might yet even get a game.

Garcia 4? Take it u didn't watch the match? Take your Garcia hate glasses off he won plenty of balls in midfield. Ok he gave it away a few times but I bet he wasn't far behind Yaya. 2 of his passes out to Milner were Milners fault for waiting for the ball to arrive. Silva & Clichy should of got a 1 for me worst players on the pitch.

Dethred said:

ridiculous. dont know what some of you were watching but i saw a good performance from city tonight. they had we had a few chances, of course they did they're fifghting for survival. we defending like champions and the only negative i'd take from the match is we just didn't convert our chances. ridiculous from some of you lot on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.