City v Villa - post match

Guzan's fingertips and the post stopped it from being ANOTHER 5-0.

However, on another night, Benteke's header would have found the back of the net vice Tevez' boot and the game could have turned on its head. That's the trouble with a 1-0, every single moment in front of goal has a chance to turn the game around dramatically.

A Olde Tyme "Typical City" performance would have seen us draw or lose that game, but the lads showed enough steel and defensive nous to save the day. That said, not sure Hart had much to do all night!

Nastasic HAS TO be PFA Young Player Of The Year by leaps and bounds. It is ridiculous to think he is 19.

Solid, grinder, with some lovely football, but not quite enough of it. Džeko looks a bit out of sorts and the forwards are being too fucking greedy in front of goal when there is a player WIIIIIIIDE open (Tevez to Silva?!).

Hope Jack Rodwell does not get too down. That left foot shot that Guzan tipped over was a bit "loose" and that is what did his hammie. He has PLENTY of time to come good and needs nurturing, because a middle three of Milner, Garcia and Rodwell could be the midfield foundation of our team in a season or two. Yaya will bugger off when his contract is up, and Silva will, too.

ChicagoBlue said:
Guzan's fingertips and the post stopped it from being ANOTHER 5-0.

However, on another night, Benteke's header would have found the back of the net vice Tevez' boot and the game could have turned on its head. That's the trouble with a 1-0, every single moment in front of goal has a chance to turn the game around dramatically.

A Olde Tyme "Typical City" performance would have seen us draw or lose that game, but the lads showed enough steel and defensive nous to save the day. That said, not sure Hart had much to do all night!

Nastasic HAS TO be PFA Young Player Of The Year by leaps and bounds. It is ridiculous to think he is 19.

Solid, grinder, with some lovely football, but not quite enough of it. Džeko looks a bit out of sorts and the forwards are being too fucking greedy in front of goal when there is a player WIIIIIIIDE open (Tevez to Silva?!).

Hope Jack Rodwell does not get too down. That left foot shot that Guzan tipped over was a bit "loose" and that is what did his hammie. He has PLENTY of time to come good and needs nurturing, because a middle three of Milner, Garcia and Rodwell could be the midfield foundation of our team in a season or two. Yaya will bugger off when his contract is up, and Silva will, too.

Got a long time till Silva's contract runs out he'll be 32 when it does. Rumours we're gunna give Yaya a new 4 year deal also.

stimo said:
Dethred said:
The only way I can fathom any professional manager getting that shit of a performance out of that group of footballers is that he made them all drink a bottle of nite nurse before heading out the tunnel.

I honestly don't see how a starting XI that is expected to challenge for Champions League success is going ever make it out of the group stage. I know it was against Villa, but dear god that was THE WORST performance I've seen all season (lack of own goals aside). I think the manager and the players have given up already.

Pretty sure I saw Nasri falling asleep while he was wedge between Agbonlahor and Guzan during a corner.
ridiculous. dont know what some of you were watching but i saw a good performance from city tonight. they had we had a few chances, of course they did they're fifghting for survival. we defending like champions and the only negative i'd take from the match is we just didn't convert our chances. ridiculous from some of you lot on here.

Don't worry they're only winding you up. There's no way they saw the same game ad you and I. An impressive performance from a lot of our players. Well done city !!

citymad said:
stimo said:
Dethred said:
The only way I can fathom any professional manager getting that shit of a performance out of that group of footballers is that he made them all drink a bottle of nite nurse before heading out the tunnel.

I honestly don't see how a starting XI that is expected to challenge for Champions League success is going ever make it out of the group stage. I know it was against Villa, but dear god that was THE WORST performance I've seen all season (lack of own goals aside). I think the manager and the players have given up already.

Pretty sure I saw Nasri falling asleep while he was wedge between Agbonlahor and Guzan during a corner.
ridiculous. dont know what some of you were watching but i saw a good performance from city tonight. they had we had a few chances, of course they did they're fifghting for survival. we defending like champions and the only negative i'd take from the match is we just didn't convert our chances. ridiculous from some of you lot on here.

Don't worry they're only winding you up. There's no way they saw the same game ad you and I. An impressive performance from a lot of our players. Well done city !!

No, they're not trying to wind you up, they're describing a performance that has been seen many times this season.

People tried to get the message across earlier on when we weren't playing anywhere near our best yet got shot down by the 'unbeaten' tagline and 'players settling it' etc.. Look where that has got us. 12 points behind ffs!

We are allowed to be concerned when players like Yaya, Tevez, Nasri, and to an extent Aguero have underperformed this season.

Rammy Blue said:
taconinja said:
Rammy Blue said:
Good 3 points.

Kolo and Nasty superb.
Without them two we would have been slaughtered.

Can't praise them enough, Nasty handled Benteke so well. Kolo just read everything. Awesome.
Thankyou played them off the park,the only porblems our finishing we should have had at least had 4, why is it opposing keepers have a blinder against us and Howlers against the rags,just got to keep plugging away it's never over till fat lady sings and keep your chins up still along way to go.

This type of football is winning football thats why we have the best defensive record in premier also this is the type of football got us our first cup in 35 years and the premier last year! As fans we get blinded by certain games we played last season and the way opposing team played us, I agree though it doesn't look good to watch and not as fluent but playing like this will win us the Fa cup and reducing our points to the scum!

They were all over us in the first 25 minutes, the substitution changed it and i was quite impressed by Dzeko, he just seems 1000 times better off the bench. The problem we have now is that Aguero could be out for a while, judging off his twitter it was mainly precautionary but lets hope it's nothing bad.

An all around decent performance, had Villa been a different team we would of been punished but i'm sure we would of stepped up anyway and still won. Should of put it away earlier but we won and that is really the only thing that matters. The biggest positive was the defence partnership between Kolo and Nasty seems great, just a bit shaky on set pieces but otherwise totally solid at the back.

We are the only ones hanging onto the coat tails of the rags who are on course for a record breaking season at present.This season whatever their form they have been better than us overall,mainly down to strengthening better than us in the pre season.Without them we are 5 points clear of the rest,without playing particularly well and in spite of injuries and loss of form to key players.

Whatever happens this season,we need to strengthen as we should have done after last season.That is a powerful box to box midfielder,a more effective holding one than Garcia and adding some PACE and SPEED to our attack.The spine of the team is pretty strong we just need some zip to get back to where we were last season and beyond.

It's a good win but you can see yet again where we've gone wrong. We just aren't the clinical side we were last season. Our chance conversion has been poor all season. The points dropped at QPR, West Ham and Chelsea were points we'd have won last season because at times everything was going in for us. This year the forwards haven't done enough. That inability to score more and kill the game could have cost us last night.

If I were a Villa fan last night would have concerned me more than any other performance of the season. Because they were at home to the champions and duly threw everything but the kitchen sink at us in a spirited show.

Yet that merely exposed their complete lack of imagination and quality. They were unable to break us down or open us up despite sustained pressure at times. This really doesn't bode well for the run-in when sides in the bottom three traditionally discover some fight and put in a string of such performances.

Yet what might save them from the drop is their ability to put in consistently excellent deliveries from out wide. God I wish we could do that. Set-pieces and a couple of slices of luck might just be enough but it's going to be close.

Why am I concentrating on Villa?

Because too many people on here have mentioned generally that we faced a relegation side last night as if that fact alone should have automatically garnered us a few goals.
The precise opposite is true. We're now in March and this is when struggling teams start throwing off the shackles and giving it 100%, particularly at home.

The fact that Villa didn't have a lot to offer is by the by. We had to withstand their frantic pressure - which we did. We had to show our superior quality at key times - which we did. And most importantly of all we had to come away with the three points - which we did.

Not a great showing but a very good day at the office.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.