City v Watford Post Match Thread

Didsbury Dave said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Pelly vs Keegan hahaha, that's piss funny.

Sorry if I'm not adding to the reasoned intelligent football debating with that comment.

It isn't even the first time the comparison has been made. We all know where it comes from and why.
Its the hair.

Back 4 V Watford

Reserve Keeper (Hart) ... Pants was still the number 1 (ok acting) here

Richards
Kolarov
Lescott
Demi

Back 4 V Bayern

Reserve Keeper (Pants)
Richards
Kolarov
Lescott
Demi.

In common for both
2-0 down
Zaba comes on ... We dont concede again, we go on to win the game.
(It took Bayern (Euro champions 10 minutes to take the lead and Watford 28 mins) probably representing the gulf in class between the two (lol)

Is this coincidence or does it tell us something.

Transfer window is still open !

Ducado said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It isn't even the first time the comparison has been made. We all know where it comes from and why.
Yep we do. I still think it's very funny, simply because Keegan isn't even in the same league. If he was he'd be employed as such! I've personally begun to refer to City under Pelly as playing vindaloo football. We're gonna score one more than you. Simplistic I know. Not admitted that publicly till now and doubtful if I will again ;-)

It's meant to be a sly dig, and it is sly and it is used by some people who just can't let go, it's not even close to what is happening with this team

It's like the US presidential elections on here sometimes. "Either you're with us, or you're against us!"

It's not as black and white as that. You can still like Pellegrini and think he's doing a good job, while also thinking he's made the odd mistake.

The way some people defend him from any and all criticism you'd think he was the second coming!

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Correct.

Honestly, I rarely think that I have seen so much nonsense talked about a team selection. If we had played Aguero at centre back, Boyata at centre forward etc, that would have been picking the wrong team against a bottom half of the table Championship side.

It's one of two nonsense arguments going on at the same time, both with the same point at heart.

One is that we should have gone full strength against Watford, the other that it is somehow good that we have drawn Chelsea three days before the Barca game.

There must be someone out there who is an expert in fitness/conditioning who can just explain to people the effect of too many games on an athlete.

I know. Thought I'd logged on to Loonyland.com yesterday. The Chelsea draw really wicked me off. There were only 2 teams we could have drawn and not fielded a weakened team against, and they were one of them (Liverpool were the other, cos Arsenal would have been in the same boat as us). Much as it irks - cos Mourinho is such an irritating knob end - I'd load the side with our weaker players for the Chelsea game and rest Silva, Aguero, Kompany and one or both of Ya Ya or Ferna, and field our strongest XI against Sunderland and Barca. Silva would be the player I'd fear picking up an injury the most. He's prone to little pulls and knocks, and asking highly tuned athletes to play 3 such intense games in 6 days would be a sure fire recipe for a glut of needless and unaffordable injuries. Emphasises again our urgent need for a top centre half and additional creativity in midfield.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Correct.

Honestly, I rarely think that I have seen so much nonsense talked about a team selection. If we had played Aguero at centre back, Boyata at centre forward etc, that would have been picking the wrong team against a bottom half of the table Championship side.

It's one of two nonsense arguments going on at the same time, both with the same point at heart.

One is that we should have gone full strength against Watford, the other that it is somehow good that we have drawn Chelsea three days before the Barca game.

There must be someone out there who is an expert in fitness/conditioning who can just explain to people the effect of too many games on an athlete.

I know. Thought I'd logged on to Loonyland.com yesterday. The Chelsea draw really wicked me off. There were only 2 teams we could have drawn and not fielded a weakened team against, and they were one of them (Liverpool were the other, cos Arsenal would have been in the same boat as us). Much as it irks - cos Mourinho is such an irritating knob end - I'd load the side with our weaker players for the Chelsea game and rest Silva, Aguero, Kompany and one or both of Ya Ya or Ferna, and field our strongest XI against Sunderland and Barca. Silva would be the player I'd fear picking up an injury the most. He's prone to little pulls and knocks, and asking highly tuned athletes to play 3 such intense games in 6 days would be a sure fire recipe for a glut of needless and unaffordable injuries. Emphasises again our urgent need for a top centre half and additional creativity in midfield.

EB. You and a few others are my little islands of sanity on here sometimes.

That's my call too. For the sake of the greater good we are going to have to risk losing one of those games and the one to pick is Chelsea. We have to have our best eleven out against Barcalona. That's a given. And we cannot afford to risk three points against Sunderland. We might be able to rotate in a player or two, like a clichy and a Milner or a dzeko, but that's about it at this stage of the season. So that only leaves Chelsea where, exactly as you say, we are going to have to put out a weakened team.

Our "weakened" team is still a good side, and we beat bayern with one, but silva is the big conundrum. A weak team without silva is no good. And a run-in without silva is a scary thought too.if Nasri is back and we keep everyone fit it will help a lot, but those three games will be pellegrini's biggest test so far. Without being over dramatic, they could go a long way to make-or-break the season.

This chasing four multiple trophies lark is hard on the nerves, eh? On fine margins major glory beckons.

I am loving it, though. What a season this has turned out to be.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Pelly vs Keegan hahaha, that's piss funny.

Sorry if I'm not adding to the reasoned intelligent football debating with that comment.

Its the hair.
Thought so. Can see similarities but not in the same league.

Here you go EB. Thought I'd have a play around, using the big assumption everyone bar Nasri is fit.

Barca comes first

.....................hart.

Zab..........kompany...de Michelis.........kolorov

.....................fernandinho....yaya................

....navas.......................................silva

.......................negredo...aguero

Chelsea

........................pants

Zab............de Michelis...nasty..........clichy

........................Garcia....Rodwell

.......Milner..............yaya.......................jovetic

...........................dzeko...

Sunderland

..............................hart

Richards.......kompany.......nasty..........kolorov

......................fernandinho.....Garcia

.........navas..................................silva

........................aguero. Negredo

Just having a play around, obviously. Many many permutations of that lot, but you get the idea. Full strength Barca, nearly full strength Sunderland, best we can put together Chelsea. Maybe with a 4231. A new midfielder would be nice of course.

Watford fans must be gutted, leading 2-0 in their last 2 games (us and forest tonight) and getting beat 4-2 on both occassions. Sort of thing that would have happened to us in previous years!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.