CITY v Wigan - Official Match Thread

Vieira was awful - cannot believe he's keeping Ireland out of the side. I know Stevie hasn't made the most of his chances to date but he couldn't have been any worse than the old French warhorse tonight and would have been a good game for him tonight to prove himself. De Jong can't play a forward ball to save his life, think we got lucky tonight but well pleased with 3 points and +3 GD. Nice one Carlos.

I can't believe people call Richards an athlete and not a footballer but think De Jong is the dogs testicles. Can't pass, can't run, can't shoot, can't head and doesn't tackle all that well, he single handedly turns our midfield to shit every time he plays yet it's always his midfield partner that gets the abuse. This man is Gelson Fernandes without the mobility or stamina, Ade was bone idle as usual and Kolo the same old sloppy performance. These three are big passengers for the rest to carry!

just watching the replay of the game now...
haven't read any of the previous pages yet, but did anyone comment on tevez attempting a stamp when caldwell tackled him & got the red card???

that was almost a carbon copy of what fellaini did when he got injured... saw that a bad tackle was coming in & felt that instead of jumping out of the way, he'd do a half jump & half stamp, trying to be real slick about it.

that's just how i see it. anyone else with me?<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:41 pm --<br /><br />***side note***

jon champion really seems to hate you guys.

The sending off changed the game as we didn't look like scoring beforehand.

Ironically they had their best two chances to score shortly after being reduced to 10 men.

Happy for the win and that's all that matters really.

Braggster said:
Adebayor, I thought, was quite ok tonight, and it suggested that Tevez and Ade can play together. Ok, he missed a chance, but was unlucky with a couple of offsides, worked hard, and just looked a touch off pace - as well he might having missed so many games.

I agree with that. He worked very hard and looked class to me. Held the ball up brilliantly and was almost never hussled off the ball.

Oh, and another thing...

Chippy_boy said:
Jesus it's not that bad.

If it wasn't for that cnut waddle droning on about how poor we are (which we aren't), we might be a little more upbeat.

OK, so not exactly dynamite but we have controlled the game and created by far the better chances.

We'll score 3 in the second half - just watch!

I thank you.

Given 6 - Made two good saves but beaten a few times (lucky they weren't on target)

Zab 6 - The only player that was closing them down in the first half. Had to concede a yellow card cos no one else attempted a challenge. I actually prefer Richards. Zab plays better as def mid.

Toure 6 - A few dodgy miss kicks and slips. Needs better composure. A positive would be that we didnt concede any goals

Kompany 6 - At times Kompany and Toure had no one to pass to other than the wide players and were forced to hoof it up the pitch. Viera and Nige made no movement for them to come and collect it from deep, especially in the first half

Garrido 6 - Caught out a few times with long balls but we look better with a left footed LB

de Jong 6 - Was always waiting to clear up rather than stopping them from getting the ball by passing it around

Viera 6 - First half was absolutely shocking, second best to everything and out of position! (Fish out of water) Second half was slow at first but miles better later; his passing was beautiful at times and when we were comfortably winning he looked in control of midfield, knocking the ball about

SWP 6 - Again very predictable when running at defenders. He started well and created a few chances but eventually phased out. He needs a kick up the arse

Johnson 7 - Now I said this after the Everton game but he must start on the right not the left. On the left he was fairly quiet. First thing he did when he switched to the right was win a corner. M.E.N. newspaper rated him 6 out of 10 but I think he deserved a 7. He crossed some lethal balls into the box from the right and by the end Martinez had two men marking him. Defenders don't know which way he's going to go. Talent!

Manu 6 - Started really well, closing everything down and getting chances on goal but eventually went quiet. Have faith, he'll be back up to scratch soon

Tevez 9 - The only reason he didn't get a 10 is cos he was lucky to be on the pitch to even score a hat trick, otherwise I fucking love the guy!!!

SUBS:

Bellamy 7 - Should have started if he was fit. He's got passion and aggression. hahaha! sounds like i fancy the guy.... well i fucking do if he carries on playing like he does!! Him on the left and Johno on the right

Ireland should have started if he was fit, or at least he should have come off the bench. We need him back to his best!

At the end of the day we won 3-0. If they played to my expectations then it would be 10-0. I think we are too critical. I hate the rags with a passion and cos of that I compare us to them because I want to be better than them. If we can play dump and win 3-0 then fuck it be happy!!

the football was so poor last night i payed more attention to the croud to see you lot.think i saw a cold and miserable"aphex" when carlos came off haha ;)
the phone was hopping from mates saying we were muck!!!
we won, that puts more pressure on our rivals!!!! need to improve on that :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.