City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

ox-blue said:
Cazza said:
What time do the players usually get to the stadium at?

Noramlly by 12 i think

I remember as a six year old boy in the early mid sixties when my father took me to the match one particular Saturday.

As usual we took one of the special football buses from Aytoun Street just off Piccadilly. By the time it reached the part of Lloyd Street South which runs parallel with the start of Maine Road - I guess it must have been around 2.15pm for the 3pm kick-off - he pointed out to me a few players, one of whom was our scottish half back Bobby Johnstone, exiting a pub after taking some liquid refreshment.

Another fond memory I have was during the same era when, as a season ticket holder in the seats behind the goal at the Platt Lane End, the team ran out as normal around 7 minutes before kick-off and Johnny Crossan and the other ten kicked a few balls around - as they did. After a while the referee sought to get the game underway as Ko time rapidly approached. I was no more than a few yards away when the Irishman ( a hero of mine at the time) ran towards the spot just behind the goal netting, stubbed out his Capstan full strength and promptly chundered the contents of his stomach on the newly mowed turf.

It's a different world nowadays and one that Managers like Arsene Wenger would find incredibly difficult to understand.

i dont care if its 1-0 or 17-16 as long as we win.

actually a 17-16 game would be great to watch

Wolves have a really good record against City especially away from home. Several 0-1 results spring to mind as well as a 3-3 not long ago. Any sort of win will do, especially if the lads come through injury free.

Given, Zaba, Toure, Onuoha, Bridge, SWP, Barry, Ireland, Robinho(Bellamy if Robbie's not fit), Tevez, Adebayor.

Im goin 3-0 City min, though it was 8-1 on Fifa the other day, ;P

Can't make the game today :-( first home game iv missed in 7 years!! Could anyone please get me the programme from the game and I'll pay them for it!? Pm me if you will, obviously I'll pay for it and you will be my hero forever ;-)
thanks

lionheart said:
Wolves have a really good record against City especially away from home. Several 0-1 results spring to mind as well as a 3-3 not long ago. Any sort of win will do, especially if the lads come through injury free.

You've said what I've been thinking all week, that Wolves have been one of our bogey teams. I'm just hoping for a win today...............An emphatic win would be a superb bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.