City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

Re: City V Wolves 22/08/09

Why are we playing a needless pre-season friendly at the start of our season?

This will hamper our performance. Not only will the players have lost some sharpness from playing an extra game but preparation time will be lost, and the players will be tired from the travel.

2-1 City, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wolves got something out of this. They will work very very hard, and get a lot of players behind the ball

Marvin said:

This will hamper our performance. Not only will the players have lost some sharpness from playing an extra game but preparation time will be lost, and the players will be tired from the travel.

2-1 City, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wolves got something out of this. They will work very very hard, and get a lot of players behind the ball

Considering none of our players are playing in Europe, one extra game against the biggest club in the world won't hurt, especially if we play a few fringe players like Vladi/De Jong/Onouha etc.

You never know in the Premiership what can happen. I think we'll win 3-1. Robinho scores the first, Keough equalise, Tevez scores what turns out to be the winner early in the 2nd half, and Barry seals the points with a 25 yard strike in the 75th min.

supermicahrichards said:
You never know in the Premiership what can happen. I think we'll win 3-1. Robinho scores the first, Keough equalise, Tevez scores what turns out to be the winner early in the 2nd half, and Barry seals the points with a 25 yard strike in the 75th min.

Wow..... Thats all rather specific.

Im sure Wigan on a high from winning 2-0 against Villa thought they would give them a dicking tonight as well. Not so unfortunately only I cant see us being as profligate in front of goal as Rodallega and co were this evening. The Wanderers will have great support with them who will be loud and proud if tonights lot were anything to go by and having sold their allocation. Bit of a bogey side or us can remember them doing us a few times at Maine Road in the old days with Richards being our chief tormentor. They will work hard and their midfield will run themselves into the ground having watched them tonight, Keough was a dangerman for them but they wont be mugs for the slaughter! Talk of 6 and 7 for us is a joke frankly. We have the players to beat them though if we perform and a solid 2-0 win is my hope. Tev to start and get one and up and running. Commmmmmon City!

Well we have to win this one I will go for 3 - 0. That said Wolves just beat Wigan away tonight so they are not mugs.

Could have done without the Barca game really, hopefully he treats it like a friendly and gives all the fringe players plenty of game time.

Marvin said:

I would not say its needless. I think we need this game to help some players with fitness, confidence, and also for the players to gel more.

There is always a danger there could be injury but thats football im afraid. If I was a por footballer I would love the chance to play against some of the best in the world.

As for tierd from travel . . . .its only 2 hours 30 mins on a plane. and they dont exactly travel economy.

Predictions for the weekend . . . I think its going to be a scruffy 2-0 win to city with a few defensive shockers from both sides

This is the fixture where Tevez gets his first goal for us.

BlakeTheBlue said:
A decent performance and 3 away points at a rather rough and ready Rovers has left us all briming with excitement and confidence for our first home game of the season against newly promoted Wolves. A match that will surely yeald another 3 points and a great home performance.... Won't it???

I personally feel we should (and will) win this one by 3 or 4 goals. Another clean sheet would be nice too.

I would also like to see Zabo at RB and Ned partnering Kolo in the heart of our defence.

Also there is also the matter of Jolean Lescott. Will he be a city player by then?
Heck...at 22mil Do we want him to be a City player???

Predictions time Citizens! Answers on a post card (or failing that, just stick em' below) :-D
Definitely Ned & kolo

C_T_I_D said:
This is the fixture where Tevez gets his first goal for us.

I hope so! I'd love to be at the game that happens at, imagine the celebrations!

My prediction is 3-0 with Robbie scoring the first sometime mid-way through the first half, then Ireland getting one just as the first half is finishing. Then Tevez to get one around the last 15 minutes of the game. I expect Wolves to not be attacking too much and be rather defensive against us so I can't see them making Given work too much so when he is faced with a Wolves break I think he will be able to handle it quite well as he won't be too tired out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.