City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

Re: City V Wolves 22/08/09

It's rare to feel this confident, but i reckon it'll be 6 - 0, with Tevez welcoming Mick McCarthy back with a brace...!

Problem is, I'm equally confident we'll lose to the league's weakest side 1 - 0 at Fratton Park next week!
Once a blue...

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Im sure Wigan on a high from winning 2-0 against Villa thought they would give them a dicking tonight as well. Not so unfortunately only I cant see us being as profligate in front of goal as Rodallega and co were this evening. The Wanderers will have great support with them who will be loud and proud if tonights lot were anything to go by and having sold their allocation. Bit of a bogey side or us can remember them doing us a few times at Maine Road in the old days with Richards being our chief tormentor. They will work hard and their midfield will run themselves into the ground having watched them tonight, Keough was a dangerman for them but they wont be mugs for the slaughter! Talk of 6 and 7 for us is a joke frankly. We have the players to beat them though if we perform and a solid 2-0 win is my hope. Tev to start and get one and up and running. Commmmmmon City!

Well said. Wolves' performance last night should serve as an eye opener for some of the more complacent/arrogant/over-confident people on here. As should Birmingham's performance at scumsville, and Hull's in west London, last weekend.

If we get a couple of early goals, then yes, we might run up a big score, but equally they could snatch something from the game unless we are fully committed and professional.

Truism though it may be, it is rare to get an easy game in the Premier League. Any result that gets us 3 points will be a good one because, let's make no bones about it, Wolves will come here well organised, determined, and will work as hard as if they were playing a 'big 4' side. So we could be in for a frustrating 90 minutes where we struggle to break them down.

Anybody going sinclairs before mary d's and before the game?

Ill be there from about 12ish but gotta meet a mate for my tickets at 2 near the ground so will have a couple in Mary D's then go and watch what i think could turn out to be a difficult game.

We all really need to get right behind them this year and make COMS a scary place to come to.

kp789 said:
Will wolves cause us problems?

I dont think they will cause us too many problems going forward i just think they will make it very hard for us to score.
If Superman,Barry and Robbie are on form they should be able to create something tho.

Tevez will start instead of either SWP or Bellamy. Probably Bellamy because it's difficult to utilise his pace when teams park the bus on the edge of their box as there's no space for him to run in to. He played great against Blackburn, but it's horses for courses and i think that he'll be more effective away from home where teams actually try to attack us and put us under pressure. This leaves spaces for us to exploit using Bellamy's pace on the counter-attack. This wont be an option at home and it'll be down to us to unlock the door through trickery and good, patient build-up play. SWP, Robinho, Tevez, Ireland and Ade have the trickery to break them down.

I've tried to accurately place them where they'll play as it's far from a rigid 4-4-2:

......................Given...................
Richards.....Toure......Dunne.....Bridge
.............................Barry.............
SWP..........Ireland.........................
.......................................Robinho
..............Tevez...........................
........................Adebayor..............

Subs: Taylor, Onuoha, Zabaleta, De Jong, Petrov, Weiss, Bellamy.

All these predictions of 6 or 7 make us look like arrogant twats. I'd be happy with a 2-0, they'll be up for it.

They will have 10 behind the ball. Be organised, and work really hard.

If we're not at our sharpest we could struggle to break them down. 1st goal is crucial in these types of games

Marvin said:
They will have 10 behind the ball. Be organised, and work really hard.

If we're not at our sharpest we could struggle to break them down. 1st goal is crucial in these types of games

Meaning if we get one or two then they'll have to go for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.