City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

Squid_Wolf said:
The Fixer said:
You are going to get hammered!
We didn't even get Hammered by the Hammers, what makes you so sure we're just going to lie down and take the 'beating' you promise. Just because you spent £100 million on players doesn't guarantee success, for the majority I'm hoping you haven't got the togetherness we've got as a team that we carried on from the Championship, as that's in our favour. I'm not disagreeing you're NOT going to win, I just don't class 2-3 nill as a hammering ;).

I'm not saying you will rollover for us but i do think we will carve you open and beat you by 3/4, i like wolves and mick mcarthy, but i think we'll be way too good for you on saturday!

Braggster said:
Squid_Wolf said:
Hello, I'm a Wolves fan also, randomly joining your forum as a build up to the match on Saturday. I've got uneasy feelings that this will be somewhat the same as previous drubbings from the delightful Premier League. However, despite the fact you boys have had millions to spend, I think adding as many players as you have (with more on the way no doubt!) I think what we have in our favour is the fact our Wolves players have been together... for seasons, they won the trophey together most of them. What we lack in world class atributes we have a say - sheer togetherness to work for the squad, and earn that paticular performance for the shirt next match. We have an excessively fit squad that used the majority of it's reserves to earn the win versus Wigan. I think you need to watch out for Milijas, the Serb. I get the feeling his first goal in the Premiership will come off the run of play, but that you will run ahead 3-1 winners. I don't think you'll score more than 5 we'll put it that way. Hope for a good match though, and I expect you guys to get into the Champions League places ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea, ;).

Cheers mate, good post, think you sum things up well.

I will be interested to see what Wolves' approach is, whether you will pack 10 men behind the ball and 'park the bus' (like we did against Barca...) or try to get at us a bit, on the counter attack at least. Not sure what I would do if I were Mcarthy, as I don't know your squad too well. But one thing I would do is detail a forward/midfielder to press and harry either Barry or de Jong, whoever is at the base of our midfield, to stop our moves building up quickly and efficiently.

TO be honest it is hard for you to plan how to play us, as we have a lot of attacking options, and already the Blackburn game shows that Hughes will not be too predictable in his selections.

I think the likely result is for City to win by 2 goals, but it will not be an easy match. Can see Robinho scoring at least one, though.

And I agree that Milijas looks good for you. Good luck for the rest of the season, hope you do well...preferably at the expense of Stoke.
I'll think we'll go with 4-5-1 like we did against Wigan. Have Keogh the lone striker again, stick Milijas just behind him and have the rest of them sitting back far enough. We close down really well I think and we try not to let your boys have too much of the possesion. Our weakness has got to be Hennessey between the sticks, he was making the same mistakes vs West Ham that we made in the championship, which worries me. I think we'll give you a game, but we will lose by 2 goal margin as well. Let battle commense.

Goaters said:
Wolves are a well organised team so could be hard to break down.

======== Given==========

Zab==Toure===Ned===Bridge

Weiss=Barry==Ireland==Petrov

======Robinho= Ade=======

Bench
Taylor
Richards
McGivern
De Jong
SWP
Tevez
Bellamy

I like this !

I think we'll struggle to a 2-1 win to be honest. I did predict a 2-0 loss against Blackburn. I just can't bring myself to predict a City demolision job due to the fact that stuff like that has a tendency to bite me on the arse.
If i was a neutral i'd say 3 or 4-0 to City but i'm not so i have to go 2-1 with Doyle netting for them early on. Ireland and Robinho for us.

Tough game, they will be hard to beat, head says this one will be tight, 1-0 or 2-1 but heart says 3-0. Typical city says 0-1, 1-1 fuck off typical city, be no more.

Squid_Wolf said:
The Fixer said:
You are going to get hammered!
We didn't even get Hammered by the Hammers, what makes you so sure we're just going to lie down and take the 'beating' you promise. Just because you spent £100 million on players doesn't guarantee success, for the majority I'm hoping you haven't got the togetherness we've got as a team that we carried on from the Championship, as that's in our favour. I'm not disagreeing you're NOT going to win, I just don't class 2-3 nill as a hammering ;).

we will hammer u,simple as,and id be pretty embaressed if my tema lost 3 nil away

(not normally a cocky fuker bout city jus not feelin the wolves fans here!)

--------------------Given-------------------

Richards----Toure----Dunne----Bridge

SWP-----Ireland------Barry----Robinho

------------Bellamy----Adebayor---------

Subs: Taylor, Zabaleta, Onouha, De Jong, Weiss, Petrov, Tevez

Thats a frightening looking bench. Not many sides have that much quality on the sidelines.

None of us really know how the team gelling is going to be honest, it is going to take a while in my opinion, I very much doubt we will hammer Wolves, they are a newly promoted team, and they tend to play much better the first part of the season, not that I don't expect City to win, but all this talk of hammering them is silly.

larderland said:
Squid_Wolf said:

we will hammer u,simple as,and id be pretty embaressed if my tema lost 3 nil away

(not normally a cocky fuker bout city jus not feelin the wolves fans here!)
3-0 away to a team who has just spent £100million on players compared to about 25million total money spent on the Wolves team, most of whom the players came from lower league teams - scunthorpe, shrewsbury... none league Grays anybody? I think keeping it 3-0 is fantanstic. If we get a draw, maybe you lot should stop being cocky about a team with little to their name. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.