City v Yokohama Marinos - 11.30am (BST), Saturday 27th July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chinese market is far from saturated and continued success here and exposure there will only see our share of it expand, India next, too. We can only really go at this time of the year, so the weather is something they simply have to suffer.

If we were going to tour a far away place, I'd much rather we went to South America. We've got local players that fans would turn out to see and we'd be able to play against some decent local opposition. But I assume there's not enough money to be made, because no-one does it.

Bloody hell , the season hasnt even kicked off and the empty seats syndrome is back in full flow.

I agree with you.

But we’re hardly filling half these stadiums.

There was 20,000+ the other day in Hong Kong, and a % of them were protestors.

Compare that to the Rags. Even though the have been shite for the last 5 years, they are still packing out stadiums in the Far East.

But by all accounts we have a great Social Media following across the Far East. But when it comes to bums on seats, we’re still struggling to fill stadiums in the Far East.

I agree with you.

But we’re hardly filling half these stadiums.

There was 20,000+ the other day in Hong Kong, and a % of them were protestors.

Compare that to the Rags. Even though the have been shite for the last 5 years, they are still packing out stadiums in the Far East.

But by all accounts we have a great Social Media following across the Far East. But when it comes to bums on seats, we’re still struggling to fill stadiums in the Far East.

Maybe we should go back to playing County , Bury and Rochdale in the pre season games , it might not be the global attraction we crave but there wouldnt be any empty seats and the Bury Black Pudding Company would be a welcome addition to our sponsors :)

You could be taking Chinese for my level of understanding, not worked the city app on my firestick yet, shouting at it doesn’t seem to work :-(

I'm pretty much the same. I downloaded it onto my LG TV and managed to watch the end of the season documentaries. So far so good.

Try to watch the game and get the swirling circle ad infinitum.

I had to venture onto the matchday thread. I felt dirty.

However, to my surprise, between the comments calling out all of our players, senior or youth, someone was kind enough to post a link to a Facebook live link of the first half that took me back to my sensible world of soccer days, watching ants of different colour (hope this is acceptable in this day and age) kick a ping pong ball around.

Then post half time, the Facebook live hero had obviously run out of battery and I had to venture back into the match day forum to try and get another way of watching the second half, which was ultimately successful as a legend of a guy periscoped his City Tv so that others could watch it.

I obviously had to scroll past the posts about ant number 8 being poor and should be sacked, whilst ant number 4 had had a good first half, apparently.

Hard to believe this is our last pre season game must be one of the worst set of opponents we have faced in years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.