City versus Sunderland(pre match discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax777 said:
Mattyc55 said:
Tevez is a workhorse, but he's also a quality footballer. His ball retention is far better than Aguero's. I suspect Milner will have a good game, but I'm a little worried about Kolarov vs Johnson. Rotation is necessary after weds though, and only 3 of this 11 can have any excuses about being tired.
Yes, he retains the ball better. But Aguero's movement is way superior to Tevez's. And don't underestimate Aguero's ability to retain the ball in tight corners. I haven't seen any better.

That said, Yaya was the one who looked ultra tired on Wednesday, so why is he not being rested. I reckon Nasri could have manned that CM position masterfully. And I would have gone with SInclair over Milner on the wing. But hey, I understand Mancini trying to find him a game.

I agree, but Aguero and Dzeko really do struggle to hold the ball up at times as their first touch can be very sporadic if they don't start the game well. I think Mario/Tevez are more suited to playing together but it's all about getting Mario in the game early on before his head goes down. You could be right about Yaya, were becoming ridiculously reliant on him and he hasn't really played any good football since Madrid. Sinclair I disagree on, didn't want us to sign him and I stand by that. Not good enough whatsoever and a total downgrade on Johnson.

Very puzzled at the team selection, only one recognised centre half playing, and one on the bench!

Ok Kompany is injured, but we have two others. Micah hasn't played for a couple of months.

Be interesting to see who picks up Fletcher, and covers the flanks with Johnson and Sessegnon attacking. could be 3/5 at the back to combat this.

Odd team for a bit of a bogey team. Suppose the Dortmund game forces a few changes but it still looks far too many new faces (again). Hopefully everyone knows their role and can actually execute it, though I highly doubt we're going to see our first clean sheet of the season with that set up.

ZZmaestro said:
What's bothering me is Mancini's unable to give Yaya some definitly needed rest.
You can't risk him to get injured by playing 100% of our fixtures, this is madness.

maybe a message from mancini to yaya..... if you are worth £13M per year after tax you better play and dont feign fucking injuries when games are hard...

also... i suspect yaya got a clause in his contract that he's a starter when not injured

Mancio said:
ZZmaestro said:
What's bothering me is Mancini's unable to give Yaya some definitly needed rest.
You can't risk him to get injured by playing 100% of our fixtures, this is madness.

maybe a message from mancini to yaya..... if you are worth £13M per year after tax you better play and dont feign fucking injuries when games are hard...

Bit harsh I think. Ya Ya was brilliant last season for us (I know we can't live in the past)

I didn't see a lack of effort against Dortmund but feel he should have been playing further up the field.

Sadly we are paying for not getting a world class midfielder / central defender in over the summer

Mancio said:
ZZmaestro said:

also... i suspect yaya got a clause in his contract that he's a starter when not injured
When has Yaya faked an injury?

Kolarov is my only concern, lets hope he will have a good game today.

Glad to see Micah playing as a CB.

Mancio said:
ZZmaestro said:

Maybe, but i just see that we are too much Yaya dependant.
By playing 50~60 fixtures per year you are guaranteed to never reach full metabolism recovery and physical potential, wich lets us with an 80% Yaya all year round ....

Revolver said:
Mancio said:
ZZmaestro said:

Bit harsh I think. Ya Ya was brilliant last season for us (I know we can't live in the past)

I didn't see a lack of effort against Dortmund but feel he should have been playing further up the field.

Sadly we are paying for not getting a world class midfielder / central defender in over the summer

the bolded part is my Bibble<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:27 pm --<br /><br />
pudge said:
Mancio said:
ZZmaestro said:

When has Yaya faked an injury?

wednesday night he was whoeful and seeming as he didnt like to be on the pitch , also whobbling (spelling)

brummie blue said:
Very puzzled at the team selection, only one recognised centre half playing, and one on the bench!

Ok Kompany is injured, but we have two others. Micah hasn't played for a couple of months.

I get your point about Micah's lack of match fitness, but let's not forget his original (and preferred) position was always CB - and it was only really his positioning that let him down in that position, so he should put in a good enough shift.

With regards to one on the bench, I don't know about you but I'm much more comfortable with the prospect of Richards at CB today than Kolo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.