City Victory Parade - 2022/23

A great night in a grand old city.

Despite all the trials and tribulations of the 80s, 90s and naughties, I have never considered it anything other than an absolute privilege to be a City fan. And tonight was a night of pure joy.

Someone asked me recently if I'd gotten over losing the UCL to Chelsea. I replied that Yes, I had, but that I would never recover from losing to Wolves in 1974 (the second half of which was carried live on Irish telly!).

Well, finally, I'm over Wolves, I think. And I have a sense that this year is also the end of something for very many of us. The train will leave the station next year too, and its destination may be even more glorious than the journey just ended. But that journey has ended, and what an incredible and moving celebration tonight.

Like many on this forum I have a love for Manchester City that words can never describe. But it's a truly beautiful thing that only we fully understand. Drenched to the bone tonight, going home tomorrow on the train and ferry in soaking clothes, I don't care. Gundo and Rodri are on fire, Bernardo is making us sing, we've got the best defence in Europe, Jack is Super, we've got Guardiola, the boys in blue are coming for you, and oh Kevin De Bruyne.

And We Know Who We Are.

In the case of dippers for certain, nothing better to do than sit at home watching our parade and lie about the turnout... Can any of those cunts put their grubby, theiving sausages on a keyboard without lying??
It’s quite easy to make a village like Liverpool look like it’s busy when they have a parade, they congregate in one big area by the docks , let’s have it right - they haven’t anything like a deansgate or surrounding streets to fill , you might cram a few hundred on Mathew Street and that’s it , fucking village mentality , Liverpools all time record attendance doesn’t even get in City’s top twenty. Why are they so bothered about us this season anyway , it’s not like they finished runners up ? Smalltime , fucking spitting screech owls that they are,We’ve not heard a peep out of them all season apart from Saturday onwards.

This is an iconic shot.

DDE6-D78-A-1853-43-E6-8-D79-2-A124984-AA2-E.jpg
Iconic, If that's not the next Oasis album cover I'm a Dutchman's uncle

Superb these mate!!
Brilliant. Explains alot regarding some fans thinking there were cock ups with some safety arrangements. I was there and loved it with my lad. I did notice some cock ups, but hopefully the authorities will learn not to under estimate our fan base. Maybe the media have a bit to answer for for this.

I’d keep Kalvin around because he is a decent footballer (and by all accounts, person) that has just had a shite, injury-riddled season.

But the song does add to his value for me.
Kalv is a definite for a statue after today, he said it with the kind of guttural gusto only a Leeds or City fan could

Rags have gone into full overdrive on Twitter commenting on numbers having been hiding under a rock since FA Cup final day. Lost of evidence of mental illness amongst the posts
Rags have gone into full overdrive on Twitter commenting on numbers having been hiding under a rock since FA Cup final day. Lost of evidence of mental illness amongst the posts
Hilarious. I’ve not heard from most of my mates since then

Attachments

• 0BFCB32B-1F4C-4565-839F-B1ACB73ACD21.jpeg
    0BFCB32B-1F4C-4565-839F-B1ACB73ACD21.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 30
All the oldies are having a good moan cos it rained a bit and young fans were boisterous Jesus Christ give it a rest lads

Cheer up you miserable old sods, everyone had a great time, massive turn out, unbridled joy in the streets, players and staff going mental on the bus and three trophies to show off. Parades don’t get any better than that.

Bringing players on stage to be asked banal questions by media wannabes isn’t what parades are all about really so an early finish was no loss
Oi you cheeky get. I sang and danced in the streets with a smile on my face and joy in my heart and I'm touching 60.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.