city vs aris 24/2/2011

Should be a bit of a conundrum for Roberto because this game is important to us for the very fact that a 4th place will hit our progress target and put us in the CL but add any piece of silverware this year and we'll have surpassed all others in achieving almost instant glory by use of a new untried squad.
Roberto will, as all managers do, rest as many as he can but he'll still have an eye on the win and Aris won't be easy - if they get a goal and shut up shop then we'll have a right problem For that very reason, I expect us to put a strong line-up on the pitch from the 1st whistle and bring on subs as soon as we get enough of a lead to relax.

My prediction is that we'll go in at half time with a 2 goal lead and add another early in the second - followed by a rake of substitutions including a few guys from the EDS getting a rare run out.
It's an absolute guess though . . 'cos I'm just a punter and don't suppose to know better than the manager.

For all those dithering about attending, I should add that I expect to see Balotelli and Dzeko both hitting the mark tonight as they're forming a bond with the rest by now and should flourish in the 'european' environment.

everyone seems to be ruling tevez out of starting... as far as i can see from the weekend game, bert looks like he was resting carlos for this game!

i think we'll see tevez and dzeko instead of balo for the full 90.

gariah said:
everyone seems to be ruling tevez out of starting... as far as i can see from the weekend game, bert looks like he was resting carlos for this game!

i think we'll see tevez and dzeko instead of balo for the full 90.

Gariah - right on the money, that's exactly what I was thinking.

I just can't see Tevez not starting a very important match where we NEED TO SCORE AT LEAST TWO (cause for some odd reason I unfortunately feel Arisk get one).

yea mate, its beyond my comprehension that tevez will be on the bench. It just won't happen.

I would not field a weakened team , we need to get the goals and make sure as soon as possible in the game . As soon as we have a decent amount then we can bring on the subs . But I feel some of the players do need a rest after starting the last 3 consecutive games .

------------------Hart--------------------
Boateng---Kompany-----Toure-------Zabaleta
-----------Barry---------Milner (if fit)----
Tevez-----------Silva-----------Kolarov
----------------Dzeko-----------------

Preferably I would like Silva to rest but he is our main creative influence and without him we struggle to carve out chances . He just needs to be on the pitch long enough to create us a few chances and goals then he needs to be rested.

3-1 City , Dzeko x 2 and Tevez

bluebc said:
cityboy1 said:
--------------------hart-------------------
richards/pab zab-----kompany---boateng---kolarov
swp---------barry------yaya------silva
------------balo--------dzeko---------

that should win us the game

3-0 city

Agreed it should win us the game,not sure about playing with two right backs,think it`s against the rules
shhhhhh its not against the rules if uefa dont find out

Blutony said:
Jimma said:
-----------------hart-----------------
richards--boateng----BIG VIN---kolarov
---------NDJ----------yaya-----------
----------------silva------------------
--SWP------------------------balotelli
---------------dzeko------------------

Just a question or 2, as I'm thinking of going...3 matches in 7 days! (and this one arguably the least important) won't the underlined players get rested?

Is NDJ fit yet?

true about silva.

but didnt vinny get rested the last 2 games?

and i dont know about ndj.. just wishful thinking haha

Agree with some of the sentiments, why rest Tevez? We always seem to be resting him, there is no reason a player can't play 2-3 matches in a row, it doesn't automatically equal fatigue or injury. I think sometimes we should go with the opposite philosophy - full strength (or close to it) then if/when we get the league, bring off the big dogs like Tevez and Silva and rest them then.

_______________Hart_______________
Boateng__Kolo Touré__Lescott__Zabaleta
_______________Džeko______________

Tell SWP, Balo & Tev to keep on switching positions & drifting round when were attacking, but I cant see Balo sticking to any so called 'rules', he'll pop a cap in yo ass.

Can't see Tévez sticking to rules either he just tends to do his own thing, which usually works out well...

With a mix of experience and youth on the bench:

Given, Kompany, Barry, Silva

Boyata, M Johnson, Guidetti/Nimely

Hello my Manchester City friends.
I'm an Aris fan and bought some tickets for the game.

I have some questions. I will not be sitting with the Aris fans tomorrow but my tickets are for gate H.
I don't want to cause any trouble or anything so my question is, can I wear my Aris shirt or is it not allowed?
And if allowed will it be safe for me? :D

Thanks for your answer. Hope it will be a nice game and the best wins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.