City Vs Arsenal post Game Discussion thread

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Worst Arsenal side I've ever seen.

hoof by Szcezsny, either taken down by VP and lost or headed back, Arsenal pass it back to Koscielny or Mertesacker who passed it back to Szcezsny to hoof again.
That's possibly true because they have set such high standards over the years. They were still good, but it's the weakest of Wenger's teams

Marvin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

hoof by Szcezsny, either taken down by VP and lost or headed back, Arsenal pass it back to Koscielny or Mertesacker who passed it back to Szcezsny to hoof again.
That's possibly true because they have set such high standards over the years. They were still good, but it's the weakest of Wenger's teams

I remember the days of Henry and Pires turning up and they'd be 4-0 up in 20 mins and the only 4 things Carlo Nash had had to do in that time was pick the ball out of the net 4 times.

They just don't have it anymore, 5/6 years of letting their squad rot without keeping it up with 2/3 quality additions every season meaning they now just are so deficient.

they could be title challengers if they'd done it properly, but they didn't, their loss.

Watched the match in a well known rag pub and enjoyed every minute. Special thanks to our main man Joe absoulute faultless today.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Marvin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I remember the days of Henry and Pires turning up and they'd be 4-0 up in 20 mins and the only 4 things Carlo Nash had had to do in that time was pick the ball out of the net 4 times.

They just don't have it anymore, 5/6 years of letting their squad rot without keeping it up with 2/3 quality additions every season meaning they now just are so deficient.

they could be title challengers if they'd done it properly, but they didn't, their loss.
Harsh but fair comment I think. They should have invested in their playing squad rather than bank the money. They were top of the pile, and they didn't need to do much to stay there. They failed to replace keepers and central defenders over several seasons so it's hard to sympathise with them.

Marvin said:
The Game 77 said:
LoveCity said:
aguerosergiokun Sergio Aguero
It's very enjoyable to play in a Premier League with such high-calibre competition. What a game! Glad about the victory and keeping the lead
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Great hoping he is loving playing for City but he really needs to send his new boots back to his sponsor as they are not really his best shooting boots lol
He could have had a couple but he did brilliantly to create his 2nd chance. Also involved in the goal.

Playing his full part in a great season

Don't think I'm having a go at him not at all he is the one player I been hoping that City would sign since the takeover but I'm not joking since he changed his boots he has missed open goal that before he would have buried

nashark said:
Hart 7.5 - Done everything right

Richards 7.5 - Should have exploited the enormous amount of space vacated by Vermaelen in the first half, but seemed more worried about Gervinho on the break. Luckily for Arsenal, Wenger fixed it in the second half but had he been a bit more eager in the first half, it might have been 4 or 5. Nevertheless an enormous presence and imperious in the air.

Kompany 9 - I maintain that he is the best player in the league. He had a momentary slip in the first half, but after that won everything. Not to detract from his performance, but I think Van Persie, whilst being a very good player, is not as good as he's portrayed by some. He's not sharp enough to be unplayable, and most defenders will be quite happy to put him on his right foot. Such was Kompany's dominance, Van Persie moved to left-wing towards the end. Komps put two fingers up to the City 'fan' on here who wanted Van Persie to score two against us.

Kolo - 8.5 - Stepped up and made a tackle that stopped a certain goal.

Zab - 8.5 - Flawless, though if you were an Arsenal fan, you'd be upset that he was allowed to have such a good game.

Toure - 7 - Much better than against Chelsea but we know he can play better.

Barry - 9 - Won us the game and man of the match.

Silva - 7 - Poor by his standards

Nasri - 7.5 - Not sure about the MotM award but still done a good job

Balotelli - 7 - Has a great shot as we all know and done well for the goal despite not really affecting the majority of the game.

Aguero -8 - Work-rate alone gets him an 8. Was sometimes wasteful with the ball but always threatening, and imo is the best striker in the league.

LOL a bit too blue with some of the ratings..

Top performance from us all round. Particularly Gaz, Zab, Komp and also Kolo. Nasri stepped up and Sergio and Balo put in a good shift. Hart excellent as always.

[bigimg]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/18/article-2075781-0F380AF700000578-736_634x302.jpg[/bigimg]

Whats going on between Nasri and Mario ? :)

Tevez City said:
[bigimg]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/18/article-2075781-0F380AF700000578-736_634x302.jpg[/bigimg]

Whats going on between Nasri and Mario ? :)
"how many goals have we scored without that gimpy little ****?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.