City Vs Arsenal post Game Discussion thread

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I remember the days of Henry and Pires turning up and they'd be 4-0 up in 20 mins and the only 4 things Carlo Nash had had to do in that time was pick the ball out of the net 4 times.

They just don't have it anymore, 5/6 years of letting their squad rot without keeping it up with 2/3 quality additions every season meaning they now just are so deficient.

they could be title challengers if they'd done it properly, but they didn't, their loss.
You've got that spot on for me JMW. I used to look forward to seeing Arsenal more than any other team because you knew you were going to see some great football played by some great footballers, even if they hammered us.

But they've failed to replace key players adequately and it's showing now. They still put up a good show today but it was more about carving out chances when they had a bit of the ball than dominating games and passing us to death like they used to. We should have been far more comfortable winners than we were.

If Spurs win their game in hand there are three teams chasing that fourth CL spot and they're one of them but I really don't think they're as good as Chelsea. It's mainly RVP keeping them there and without him they're the equivalent of Everton a few seasons ago; better than the rest but not good enough for the top table.

Prestwich_Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I remember the days of Henry and Pires turning up and they'd be 4-0 up in 20 mins and the only 4 things Carlo Nash had had to do in that time was pick the ball out of the net 4 times.

They just don't have it anymore, 5/6 years of letting their squad rot without keeping it up with 2/3 quality additions every season meaning they now just are so deficient.

they could be title challengers if they'd done it properly, but they didn't, their loss.
You've got that spot on for me JMW. I used to look forward to seeing Arsenal more than any other team because you knew you were going to see some great football played by some great footballers, even if they hammered us.

But they've failed to replace key players adequately and it's showing now. They still put up a good show today but it was more about carving out chances when they had a bit of the ball than dominating games and passing us to death like they used to. We should have been far more comfortable winners than we were.

If Spurs win their game in hand there are three teams chasing that fourth CL spot and they're one of them but I really don't think they're as good as Chelsea. It's mainly RVP keeping them there and without him they're the equivalent of Everton a few seasons ago; better than the rest but not good enough for the top table.
Good summing up although Chelsea were a bit of a shambles at Wigan

Marvin said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Good summing up although Chelsea were a bit of a shambles at Wigan

Understandable after playing in a cup final.

Salford_Blue said:
Thought Arsenal flattered to deceive, which will always be their downfall.
They were always in it, but that was mainly down to us not taking our chances.

Huge praise for the number of Arsenal fans who ventured up here on a freezing cold Sunday.

Only outdone by Norwich this season for me.

Were they the best team that we have played this season?

Possibly, but I think Wolves gave us our hardest game at home so far.[/quote]Nonsense, we didn’t play anywhere near as good as we played today against wolves. This was our best home performance of the season. Arsenal may not be as good as they were few years ago, but they are a top ten team in Europe and is still a very good team. Some of the arrogance I see in this forum is so rags like

Aguero seems to be hobbling going down the tunnel after the match in the new Tunnel Cam, hopefully nothing too serious, maybe Balo and Dzeko on Weds?

LoveCity said:
Aguero seems to be hobbling going down the tunnel after the match in the new Tunnel Cam, hopefully nothing too serious, maybe Balo and Dzeko on Weds?

Said to our lad on the way home that I think Dzeko will start, as he`ll be back helping to defend corners and free kicks against that lanky piece of piss,Crouch.

That result and performance may well prove to be one of the most important in the clubs history. They were waiting in their millions to say "the wheels have fallen off at City", well f**k them, the wheels weren't even loose. To bounce back in the style we did from Mondays (lets face it) unlucky defeat, with the power and skill we did, after watching virtually all our title rivals win last week and this, should have put enormous pressure on the lads, they came through with a powerful retort, one that says quite firmly "we are here to stay".

Mancini deserves a huge amount of credit for this, and yet watching him on the sidelines he still isn't happy with how we are playing.

We will get better still, and the rest know it, let them chase us.

johnbmcr said:
great game but why the richest club in the world could not sort out a bit of grit and lighting so fans could get home without slipping all over the place is out of order

even the police were complaining to city

poor show

This was like an ice rink so dangerous walking back to the centre!

CITYROBBO said:
This was like an ice rink so dangerous walking back to the centre!
I don't think City can be blamed for the walk back to the centre or the weather, though I'm sure the media will try.

What's up with folk that they can't take responsibility for their own safety when its a bit slippy ? F'kin nanny state, in the 70's they PLAYED football in the top division in worse than the conditions outside the stadium today.

Tactical analysis (great read):
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/12/18/manchester-city-1-0-arsenal-tactics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/12/18/ ... l-tactics/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.