City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal basically play with a midfield 5.

They will do so again today and try to pack midfield and keep possession.

Under Mancini this would've worried me as we were merely a possession team. There was no quick defence-to-attack capability and we couldn't play 'on the break'. We were predictable and teams could, on their day, stifle us especially if they pressed us.

Under MP we've improved this aspect dramatically. The overall forward movement of the ball is much quicker and we are now much better at counter attacking. MDM, Fernandinho and Navas have often been key to this as they give us dimensions we simply didnt have under Mancini.

I think we will probably 'allow' Arsenal the ball (in 'safe' positions) and play with a counter attacking emphasis. I dont think Arsenal will have encountered this yet this season and don't think they'll handle it.

Our full backs will vital to this plan.

Team:

Hart
Zab
Kompany
MDM
Clichy
Fern
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Aguero
Negredo

Subs: Pants, Kolarov, Lescott, Milner, Navas, Dzeko, Garcia, Rodwell.

General observation as I stand and wait for the team to arrive; The West Stand Main reception really has become 'Hangers-On' Central.

Literally 100 plus in the cordoned area doing nowt other than pretending to be someone!<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:36 am --<br /><br />General observation as I stand and wait for the team to arrive; The West Stand Main reception really has become 'Hangers-On' Central.

Literally 100 plus in the cordoned area doing nowt other than pretending to be someone!

Pants is in goal for sure. Off the coach 3rd, head up and confident. Hart, as he has been since getting dropped, head down and sulking.

Body Language; a dead giveaway!

really cant wait, if we play like we normally do at home we should ave em quite easily,
sticking by my 3-1, though a clean sheet would be a brucie bonus

At the ground now. Well up for it. Team will be on Twitter any minute.

TEAM NEWS: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Negredo

Stoned Rose said:
Arsenal basically play with a midfield 5.

They will do so again today and try to pack midfield and keep possession.

Under Mancini this would've worried me as we were merely a possession team. There was no quick defence-to-attack capability and we couldn't play 'on the break'. We were predictable and teams could, on their day, stifle us especially if they pressed us.

Under MP we've improved this aspect dramatically. The overall forward movement of the ball is much quicker and we are now much better at counter attacking. MDM, Fernandinho and Navas have often been key to this as they give us dimensions we simply didnt have under Mancini.

I think we will probably 'allow' Arsenal the ball (in 'safe' positions) and play with a counter attacking emphasis. I dont think Arsenal will have encountered this yet this season and don't think they'll handle it.

Our full backs will vital to this plan.

Team:

Hart
Zab
Kompany
MDM
Clichy
Fern
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Aguero
Negredo

Subs: Pants, Kolarov, Lescott, Milner, Navas, Dzeko, Garcia, Rodwell.

This is sort of what Dortmund did at the Emirates, a match which we lost 1-0. But we learned our lessons from that and I'll be curious to see if we try to approach this game the same way we did the return-fixture in Dortmund. Try to contain, hold on, sometimes just by our finger tips, and be clinical at the other end.

TEAM NEWS: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Negredo #cityvarsenal #mcfc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.